Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ready for the mild (bring a brolly) ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ah just a brief blow by the Atlantic before the real Snowy fun starts later in the month.

Although I can never understand how anyone prefers mild and wet weather to a nice crisp sunny cold day like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Lovely......flooding :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I think i'll start a thread called

''Ready for the cold ( following the mild)? Bring your snow boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Villain wrote: »
    Ah just a brief blow by the Atlantic before the real Snowy fun starts later in the month.

Although I can never understand how anyone prefers mild and wet weather to a nice crisp sunny cold day like today.

a crisp sunny day with sheet ice on the roads yeh right (you obviously dont have to go anywhere or live on a main road)

bring on the mildness !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

a crisp sunny day with sheet ice on the roads yeh right (you obviously dont have to go anywhere or live on a main road)

bring on the mildness !
    LOL

You would want to see where I live, narrow old country lane but if you drive in accordance to road conditions there is no problem.

I'd take a bit of Ice over flooded roads any day :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

My road looked like a glacier had formed last month, thank God global warming is melting glaciers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Villain wrote: »
    I'd take a bit of Ice over flooded roads any day :D

bit of ice wouldnt have bothered me a sheet of ice for 2 miles was my problem :p

luckily i'm up a hill so flooding is rarely a problem !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I think i'll start a thread called

''Ready for the cold ( following the mild)? Bring your snow boots!

Pah, snowboots.

Just buy insulated wellies, prepared for all eventualities.... 'Cept sudden January heatwave I guess :pac:

johngalway wrote: »
    Pah, snowboots.

Just buy insulated wellies, prepared for all eventualities.... 'Cept sudden January heatwave I guess :pac:

I am sure we had one January where the temperature got close to 16C.

Oh...really looking forward to spring and the mild weather, the cold can feck off then till the winter....not the autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Min wrote: »
    I am sure we had one January where the temperature got close to 16C.

Oh...really looking forward to spring and the mild weather, the cold can feck off then till the winter....not the autumn.

Are you Gerry Murphy by any chance?;)

Seriously though, is there not one snow loving bone in your body?

• Advertisement

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Are you Gerry Murphy by any chance?;)

Seriously though, is there not one snow loving bone in your body?

I don't mind the snow that is coming tomorrow, it is not from the east which is the worst direction, or best depending on opinion.
    I like how it looks falling but life is far easier in milder weather. I like life being easier...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I say bring it on. I care not whether it is mild or not as long as the sky roars. Really getting pig sick of this non-descript, empty weather since Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Bring on the mild south westerlies... Anything but snow for the next decade at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah the rain, the reservoirs probably need it.

Looks like it could get slightly exciting on Saturday.

Rtavn8412.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Live image has moved on :o

Advertisement