Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADVICE PLEASE - MPM Interview

Options
  • 06-01-2011 6:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Well, im finally at the time now and I have applied and have gotten my interview date and time which is march 14th at 9.30am, I am currently doing a HND in Media, can any of you clarify a question, it says with a merit/distinction profile, how do they know that you will have all merits and distinctions etc when you havnt obviously finished in March? When do you find out you have been accepted and last but not least Any advice? apart from the 300 word written thing, what else to bring to show etc., any tips.. Thanks guys would be GREATLY appreciated..:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

From memory I think they make the offer subject to you averaging a merit or distinction when the results come out.

The main advice I’d give you is to look at the modules and have an idea prepared of how each are relevant to a career in the media, the importance of learning Consumer Behaviour, the relevance of International Marketing, the tool that proper Research Methods can be and so on. You should also try and show them that you realise that it’s a very very different course from the HNDs, far more academic and challenging in terms of writing and referencing.

Be prepared to have your thesis and cultural artefact ideas torn apart, that is if you still do them, be rock solid on why you want to do what you want to do. I think most people don't end up doing the one they talk about in the interview but you should be well into the one you're going to pitch to them.

Good luck with it, the course is a killer but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ndubz

Thanks man, so what your saying is they make your a preliminary offer that you get the merit/distinction average?

And sorry what is a thesis cultural artefact? I don't seem to know what you mean, in terms of the interview itself, is it at all difficult, from what you remember is there much competition, i myself am not coming from BCFE, having been doing my HND in Media in another institution.

Thanks for all your help, as much would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

I think they call it your Media Project now, you do a regular thesis on a subject of your choice, on top of that you also have to do a project like creating a product or a service that would be viable in the world of the media. Most people link the two of them so you don't end up doubling up on researching two different areas.

From what I know there's always a considerable greater number of applicants that the course can actually take.

Advertisement