Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams

Options
  • 06-01-2011 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck in your exams lads and lassies, hopefully no snow this poxy year.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

After me first exam today, I got talking to a foreign student, who was just over this year. Nobody told her the exams were in the National Basketball Arena! She went up to the college and was only told by someone then! She had to quickly hop into a taxi and leggit down!
    Got me thinking, I was never told where it was on either! The only reason I knew was coz mates of mine went to Tallaght before me and I remebered them having their exams in the basketball arena!

Anyway, first exam outta the way. Think I got a pass anyway. Its all I'm looking for in this subject anyway, coz its by far my worst subject!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The only reason I know is because I live locally and have heard of them being there before.

Other than that it does say ''NBA'' on the timetable, but for most randomers they wouldn't have a clue what that means!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

Just wondering if anyone knows when semester 2 starts, or if its on moodle somewhere. Cant find it myself and no one else i can find knows either :confused:

I think it's a couple of weeks after exams finish. You'll probably get a mail/text about it and it should be put up in the news section of the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

Its usually two weeks after exams and they finish the 18th, so mon 31st seems likely.
    @ The_B_Man
    doesn't it say on your exam timetable NBA, granted if you are foreign it may not ring a bell, but we were told on numerous occasion where our exams were in first year especially.

• Advertisement

davey101, this is my first year in Tallaght. I went straight into 3rd year coz I did my other years in Carlow. I can guarantee i was not told once this year at all that the exams were in the Basketball Arena. Also, it took me a few minutes to realise what "NBA" meant as well, when I saw it on the timetable.
    My point is, for non-locals entering into an advanced year, ie not 1st year, there should be someone there to tell them. Granted, I could have went around in the corridor listening out for foreign accents and telling them but being honest, I'm not gonna do that. Nor is it my job.
    The students themselves could also ask, but since they are new, they might not know anyone to talk to in the class to ask. And besides, if they arent aware the exams are held off-campus, how are they gonna think to ask this question? They need to just be told outright.

lol also, I was wondering when we were back after the exams too. Wasnt told that either! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Generation Terrorist

They need to sort out the heating in that basketball arena. I froze my b*llocks off there this morning sitting an exam

The_B_Man wrote: »
    davey101, this is my first year in Tallaght. I went straight into 3rd year coz I did my other years in Carlow.

Ahh, as i said foreigner :D
    But yeah you are right you would never guess exams were not held on campus, i think there are some indications that they are not held in the college but i dont think anyone would twig it unless they had previously had some indication. Anyway its typical of the college, the lack of communication is and always has been terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Classes start back the 31st January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭kildare9

2 exams down, 4 to go. This week will be tough as hell

• Advertisement

I wish the exams were first thing, all mine are at 3.30, it fúcking sucks!!!

nah, i've been up all night and am having trouble getting up early. have to drag meself outta bed for noon! I'm glad they're on in the afternoon!
    I actually know a bloke who overslept for one of the exams at 12:30, though he thought it was on at 15:30.

Does everyone else have the double header Fri and Sat exams? I'm just lucky that my Saturday exam is my strongest subject so dont need that day off in between to study.
    I'm actually lookin pretty good for these exams. Aced the first two, only need to answer one question tomorrow to pass. still have me best subject to come!! :D

My double header is tomorrow and tuesday :( Haven't started studying for the exam on tuesday, will have to cram that all in tomorrow night and tues morning. Then 2 exams on Thurs & Sat.

Am actually surprised at how easy I'm finding it considering just how little effort I'm putting in! :)

kildare9 wrote: »
    2 exams down, 4 to go. This week will be tough as hell

Same, 4 exams in 6 days, glad I took the week off work.
    The_B_Man wrote: »
    Does everyone else have the double header Fri and Sat exams?

Yup, poxy Saturday one is a 3.30 one, hopefully the SU annouce the end of exam session asap.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭kildare9

mine are all at 12:30-2:30. I would rather them at 3:30 as I'd rather have more time to study. I have Exams on Tuesday and Wednesday and then friday and Saturday. My last 2 exams are by far my weakest subjects :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I went out to the toilet (gone for no more than 3 minutes) half way through an exam today and on the way back 3 supervisors surrounded me and told me i went to the wrong toilets and i could have been cheating!! I tried twice to walk back to my seat but they wanted me to stand there with them while they tried to figure out what to do! I ended up telling them that firstly I didn't realize that there are specific toilets that had to be used as there was no announcement at the start about this, then I told them that I have an exam to finish so i don't care about using the wrong toilets!!

Did any one hear it announced that you have to use designated toilets??

Didn't know anything about that myself.

mackeire wrote: »
    I went out to the toilet (gone for no more than 3 minutes) half way through an exam today and on the way back 3 supervisors surrounded me and told me i went to the wrong toilets and i could have been cheating!! I tried twice to walk back to my seat but they wanted me to stand there with them while they tried to figure out what to do! I ended up telling them that firstly I didn't realize that there are specific toilets that had to be used as there was no announcement at the start about this, then I told them that I have an exam to finish so i don't care about using the wrong toilets!!

Did any one hear it announced that you have to use designated toilets??

You weren't in the 3.30 exam?

You're meant to use the toilets through the door you don't come into the arena from.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

You weren't in the 3.30 exam?

You're meant to use the toilets through the door you don't come into the arena from.

In fairness there's no announcement to that effect. I was bleedin' delighted the other day, got to sit at desk number 007 :cool:

Writing about Hitler never felt so cool!

I-Shot-Jr wrote: »
    I was bleedin' delighted the other day, got to sit at desk number 007 :cool:

I would have no doubt been humming this throughout the exam :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii1tc493bZM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

davey101 wrote: »
    I would have no doubt been humming this throughout the exam :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii1tc493bZM

Yeah I spent the first half hour having a debate in my head about the best James Bond actor as well. Then I realised I should probably get cracking at the exam.

Advertisement