Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Luck in the Exams

• 06-01-2011 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hey everyone hope the studying is going well. Best of luck in the exams. Cannot wait to get them over. Im not prepared at all the holidays went in so fast. 9.30 start tomorrow last minute reading to be done

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Best of luck everyone!
    Very last minute cramming for me, as the holidays where manic due to the snow, schools closed, everyone got colds, plus the odd beer or two!

Almost like starting afresh!!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Best of luck to all :D Gona be one crap week :(

Hope everyone got on ok today!
    It's amazing how many folks bolted once the first hour was up!!
    Not in again until Saturday, OOP, so think I might as well fire up the PS3!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

mrmac wrote: »
    Hope everyone got on ok today!
    It's amazing how many folks bolted once the first hour was up!!
    Not in again until Saturday, OOP, so think I might as well fire up the PS3!! :D

hey! had oop today! second year. wish id read exactly what he said 'MIGHT' come up!! what year u in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

First exam up tomorrow, not prepared in the slightest but luckily not in until 3.30 so lots of last minute cramming to be done tomorrow.

5 exams between now and Monday week, really cant wait to get it out of the way again

• Advertisement

GismoBaby wrote: »
    hey! had oop today! second year. wish id read exactly what he said 'MIGHT' come up!! what year u in?

1st year.
    Had the exam at 3.30.
    It wasn't too bad, as this year LM introduced a multiple choice section! 20 questions, each worth 1.4% of total grade! Feckin' great, as I only needed to get 10 of these right to pass!

(Yes, I'm very economical with my study time!)

Then had 2 out of 3 questions to answer.
    Surprised when asked to describe Euclidian Algorithm, in English, and Pseudo Code - and "What does ASCII stand for and how does it work?"

Thankfully, by then I knew I'd passed, so no sweat!

Must say the college is very decent to us this year.
    Exams are all at 3.30, Thurs - Sat - Tue - Thurs. Only one exam each day. Plenty of time in between.

OOP on Sat. - very hard to get motivated when you know you've already passed something by CA!

The hall was packed today at 3.30, only spotted a couple of empty desks; but at 4.30 easily 40% of the folks left! Actually quite funny! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

First exam is 'Legal, Ethical and Soicial Issues in Computing' in two hours. Time to study :pac:

TPD wrote: »
    First exam is 'Legal, Ethical and Soicial Issues in Computing' in two hours. Time to study :pac:

I wish I could say something profound, but only WTF comes to mind!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Well yesterdays exam wasnt as bad as i thought it would be but wtf with giving me 3 answer writing booklets i used 2 and my hand was so sore after exam. Not so fond of all our essay format exams. I'm in 2nd year i noticed half leave after one hour i didnt even get my exam finished i be so jealous of them leaving early. All my exams are 9.30 roll on tues then off for nearly 2 weeks how fab is that. Tomorrows exam i havent opened a book lecturer should not have told me i've already got over 35% going into the exam got 70 something in CA takes the pressure off and lessens the motivation to bother studying. Glad the exams are going well for everyone repeats are handy if we really do have a bad day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

3 Hour exam today and another on monday, goes by really quickly though. Wouldnt pay much attention to people leaving early, In may I was sitting opposite a guy who sat with his arms folded for an hour and got up and left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

2hours is really not enough time for me. I thought all exams in lyit were 2hours. Here i am tonight again cant study and cant sleep.

In today @ 3.30pm, OOP, so give us a wave eh?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

loca1 wrote: »
    2hours is really not enough time for me. I thought all exams in lyit were 2hours. Here i am tonight again cant study and cant sleep.
    All my exams were 3 hours long last year, apart from maths. Dont know why ours were longer but we were usually the only ones left in the exam center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

Hadd my last exam today but missed it due to illness, who do I speak to about resitting it in august? I take it I need a sicknote from the doctor as proof?

I don't think you'll need a sick note, as it'll be classed as "not attended" anyway.
    Get in touch with your department admin office, they should be able to let you know about re-sits in August, and about exam fees! :rolleyes:

Advertisement