Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flickering text while scrolling web pages

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey.

First time to post here.

I've got a 2010 MBP with hi-res matte anti glare screen.
    It's great except for one thing.

With web page scrolling via trackpad (on chrome, safari or firefox) the text flickers slightly.
    Black text, for example, drains to white.

I originally put this down to small text fonts, text colours, fine grain scrolling via trackpad and lcd refresh issues.

I spent a lot of money on this machine and display as I use it for intensive software development work. I would expect better.

I am at the latest version of the OS.

I see others have similar problems here
    (which I've responded to):
    http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=12813901

A lot of pages are relatively ok - e.g. boards.ie.
    Others are not - e.g. pages on discussions.apple.com site!

I've connected the machine to a full hd tv via a hdmi/mini display port adapter.
    The problem is not noticeable on the tv (which is over 2years old).

Anybody else experience this issue?

The machine is fine in all other respects and under warranty.
    The display is especially fine in all other respects (e.g. photo, video viewing, non web apps...).

I intend to bring it in to an authorized repair centre such as Compu B to get it addressed.
    My worry is that they will fob me off, pretend to fix the problem (and not do anything) or break something else during repair.

Can you alleviate my fears with regard to this? :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

I think you should expect better. Text should not flicker on a mac. If Compu B can't fix it or claim it isn't a problem, I would contact apple directly. As long as you're within your warranty Apple should be pretty good about issues like this.

Advertisement