Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term lets

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any apartments/ small houses in Longford town near St.Joseph's hospital?
    I'm on placement there for 11 weeks and I'm finding it really hard to get somewhere (within walking distance, I don't drive and don't know Longford that well).
    I've looked at daft.ie but I thought I'd give the locals a shot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 WMB7575

Anywhere in the Dublin Road,Ardnacassa,Grianard,Prospect wood area or even the town centre is walking distance from St.Josephs.
    This apartment is right beside St Josephs (Leader park)
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=941974

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Thanks for that info!
    That apartment is unfortunately a minimum one year lease though. That's really my problem, there's plenty of apartment and houses for rent but they minimum leases and I'd only be there for 10-11 weeks.

Call the landlords and ask. I'm sure someone will be amenable to a shorter lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

there's a serious amount of empty property around longford. i'd say anything is better than nothing in the landlord's eyes, so i wouldn't be too worried about the minimum lease thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Double room for rent in large house with 3 others. €220 per month Noel 086 814 8680

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hi guys, is ardnacassa a safe enough area? Don't really know longford at all!

I don't know the town that well...but Springlawn which is beside Ardnacassa would be very rough.
    I wouldn't feel unsafe walking around there, but it might be intimidating to have to look at these elements everyday.

lizt wrote: »
    Hi guys, is ardnacassa a safe enough area? Don't really know longford at all!

the original ardnacassa on the dublin road is grand. lots of families there. not sure about ardnacassa avenue which is beside spring lawn.
    obvious places to avoid are also terrifying park and animal park. they weren't called that for nawtin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

the original ardnacassa on the dublin road is grand. lots of families there. not sure about ardnacassa avenue which is beside spring lawn.
    obvious places to avoid are also terrifying park and animal park. they weren't called that for nawtin!!!

Whatever about Annaly Park (or 'Paric Colum' Heights - so bad they couldn't spell the name right), Teffia Park is pretty quiet now and is considered a respectable area.

You're right about Spring Lawn, though... I'd rather live in downtown Baghdad.

Whatever about Annaly Park, Teffia Park is pretty quiet now and is considered a respectable area.

You're right about Spring Lawn, though... I'd rather live in downtown Baghdad.

i know, i just couldn't think of any other parts of town that could sound dodgy!!
    teffia park has always been grand. maybe that place just off it isn't..

• Advertisement
Advertisement