Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collingwood Retires from Test cricket

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:00am
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,990 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Announced his retirement from Test Cricket before the start of play

A fantastic servant to the England Test team

He's staying around for ODI and T20

Opens up the place for Morgan, and should push Bell up the order

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I'm a fan.
    He will be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I think he has timed it perfectly, apart from the run out incidents with New Zealand a couple of years ago, he seems to be a gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I'm not sure that was a big of a poor reflection on him as was made out.

It all seemed like a bad call made in the heat of the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

To be fair I think Colligwood has done well to last as long as he has. His place has been under threat repeatedly in the past but he always got a good score when you felt he was about to be dropped. One of the best fielders in the game although I felt he wasn't as good in the slips. England will miss his experience but I think there are better players, not just Eoin waiting in the wings

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

With a biased hat on, Centurion and Cape Town :(

With an unbiased hat...I didn't take to him at first, but ended as a fan

I'm still not a big fan of pushing Bell up the order..part of his success is that he's not up the order

• Advertisement
Advertisement