Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New music blog

Options
  • 05-01-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭

I know there are hundreds of music blogs already out there, so I figured what the world needed was yet another.

Check it out. Its just about albums I'm listening to, some new, some old, just whatever I get my hands on!

http://watchmeforthechanges.blogspot.com/

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I'll check it out, reading your post on St Anger...

imo Metallica should have drafted Albini in to record that album, it seems to me they wanted to go that direction, he would have buried the vocals keeping the flaws but making them less evident, he's very good at getting that "live" drum sound they were after too, and I think if the album had that compressed guitar sound he usually uses, it would have been much better.

I'm not a fan of Metallica, but I respected their attempt to strip-things-down and try to sound like a garage band, I think he would have done that for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

smokedeels wrote: »
    I'll check it out, reading your post on St Anger...

imo Metallica should have drafted Albini in to record that album, it seems to me they wanted to go that direction, he would have buried the vocals keeping the flaws but making them less evident, he's very good at getting that "live" drum sound they were after too, and I think if the album had that compressed guitar sound he usually uses, it would have been much better.

I'm not a fan of Metallica, but I respected their attempt to strip-things-down and try to sound like a garage band, I think he would have done that for them.

Wow, Albini-produced Metallica... now that would've been something!! I'm a fan of his production, he gets an amazing sound. Probably too big a drum sound for really fast playing, but it would certainly be interesting to see what he could do with them. Rick Rubin obviously didn't work out to be that good, as he just made it all distort by mixing it way too loud!

Advertisement