Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Writing a fairytale!

Options
  • 05-01-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hey,

I have to re-write a childrens fairytale and make a book for it! I am soo not good at this sort of thing! Anyone have an ideas of a story I could re-write and how??!
    Thanks!!!:D

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭swizzle123

thanks so much! Had a quick glance there must go have a proper look now!! Did i mention it has to be suitable for children under six????!:D

You did not mention that. But they grow up so fast these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭swizzle123

You did not mention that.

Whoops my bad!!!:P
    Ya this is so true!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Read some Angela Carter she is a very good source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 bdeb

re fairy tales,
    I have tried to adapt a few such as Goldilocks and Little Red Riding hood. I must say they were only spontanious writings and drawings.
    You can see them on Redbubble my gallery is called BarryB

They may give you a bit of inspiration, Bdeb

Ps. not sure if they come under art or writings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭MiniSquish

You could take a classic fairytale and put a twist on it, such as Cinderella and write it like the stepsisters were actually the injured parties or something. I did that once for an essay in primary school :) and the teachers seemed to love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Rewriting fairy tales almost seems like the norm these days.

How about Hansel & Gretel somehow avoid getting lost on their second trip into the woods, and when their parents make a third attempt the children are clever enough to get the parents lost, the kids make it back (following moss on trees learned from a travelling scholar paying for his stay by telling stories) and the parents end up at the ginger bread house and aren't so lucky :D

Hansel and Gretel's father was the biggest arsehole in the Grimm canon. The man needs to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

• Advertisement
Advertisement