Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy birthday forum!!

Options
  • 05-01-2011 8:29pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well as some of you may or may not know it's approaching (at the time of writing this :P) the first anniversary of the Pokémon forum. We've accomplished so much with this forum in the past year it's really surprised me! We flew to England for the VGC's, had countless meetups and got an official pokémon tcg league set up. All of which could not have been possible at all without the help of buzzthebatgirl who sadly moved to the UK a few weeks ago :( May we wish her the best of luck over there, and don't be a stranger here either!

But fear not! 2011 and year 2 of the forum should be as good as ever. Hoping to get the tcg league back up and running again and have more regular meetups. Also team Boards will be back stronger than ever at the vgc's this year too!

So all in all an awesome first year for the forum (who's official birthday is the 11th) and here's to an even better 2nd one! A massive thanks to all that supported getting it up and running, the admins for approving it and most of all the posters for making it what it is :)

Happy birthday Pokémon forum!!

Here's the original forum request for anyone interested :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Woo Happy Birthday!!! We should organize a big meet up in town to celebrate it!! I can bring the t-shirt buzz made for the Madrid VCG!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

hitomoshicake.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Just found my name on a Pokémon birthday cake...COOL!

2112944835_93f87151a9_m.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

POKEMON MON FINGERBANGGG!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

*sniff* They grow up so fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Oh wow, it's been a year? It's too short! Too much fun!

Once I get my internet up and running fully on the 26th Jan, I'll be on here everyday. I may be in London, but Boards.ie is my home!

As for Team Ireland at VGC, if it's being hosted anywhere near London, Team Ireland are always welcome to stay with me. We'll have to have a mini-tourny for the sleeping arrangements. The 1st place gets the spare bed and 2nd place gets the sofa, everyone else gets the floor or pitch a tent in the garden!

I've learned to make Rice Balls, so with Pokécake, Pokémon Rumble TCG, Pokémanga the waiting in the queues wouldn't seem so long this time!

Of course if any of our Boards.ies happens to be coming over to the London, drop me a line and I'll be more than happy to meet, greet and feed for the day :)

Advertisement