Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation in Sol/Mayrhofen/Zell am See for 3 nights!

Options
  • 05-01-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

Hi!
    Hope you are all well! I am flying to Munich with 2 mates on Friday week and staying for 3 nights. I have phoned numerous travel operators about accomodation and they are all booked out,
    We are looking for a standard, clean room for 3 people. We could rent a car and so could stay a bit outside the ski resorts.
    I would appreciate any and all advice! We are looking for great ski & great nightlife!:D

Arequipa!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Thank you for your reply;appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I don't mean to state the obvious but have you tried booking.com ?

I've managed to get a place in kitzbuhle - found on booking.com, then emailed direct and got a better deal ! ( basically half board for the same price ).
    I had found a place in Soll using it too.

http://www.kitzbuehel.com/en/ - has info on accommodation - if you look around they are doing a deal - superpass I think, pensions etc 4 night + 3 days ski pass for 250 odd.

Kitzbuhle is near most resorts you are talking about - and near Munich Airport.

Search Booking.com

Zell is a decent sized town - skiing is limited if you are anything more than a novice - night life should be as good as most. pretty location if you want to stare into your mates eyes :)

Not been to Sol - but I hear its small and skiing can be patchy as its low.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

For Sol try http://www.manorhaus-apartments.com/ and for Zell try http://www.aislinghouse-austria.com/englishwintertimeDetails.html.

Why rent a car when you can get a taxi, way cheaper and easier.

Try http://www.ski-transfer-salzburg.at/index-englisch.html if thats a runner.

Good luck.

TC

Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

I stayed in Denggenhof, Soll when i was there last year.

Have to say it was a great hotel.A bit up the road but we used to walk or get a taxi.Very clean,satellite TV and they lay a choclate on your bed every morning and you receive a bottle fo champers on your arrival.Breakfzast was deelish.All sorts of meats and cheeses,some ive never tasted before and tons of water and OJ to start your day off with a bang and cure that hangover.The owners were dead sound too and gave us a lift back to the train station teh final day

Great help;thanks a mil!
    Bcirl; Manorhaus do have an Apartment for 3 people for 360 E for 3 nights;great start.
    Davmol; thank you , will check this hotel you recommend,

Oh yea, i terms of ski fun and apres ski fun;would you go for Sol, Kitzbuhel or Mahrhofen?

Thank you!:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Check out www.tiscover.at

As for your apres question Mayrhofen and Soll would be a bit livelier than Kitz (although the Londoner can get quite rowdy!) but to be fair any Austrian resort has some kind of apres action happening all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Arequipa wrote: »
    Great help;thanks a mil!
    Bcirl; Manorhaus do have an Apartment for 3 people for 360 E for 3 nights;great start.
    Davmol; thank you , will check this hotel you recommend,

Oh yea, i terms of ski fun and apres ski fun;would you go for Sol, Kitzbuhel or Mahrhofen?

Thank you!:D:)

Nay bother with the help ;)

Only been to Sol and not Kitzbuhel or Mahrhofen so can’t comment on where is best for night life. I was in Sol with the family so didn’t go on any benders. However all the bars and restaurants where great and apres ski was kicking, even if it was one pint and a coke with the kids :)

Arthur and Beverley from Manorhaus have a daughter who also gives ski lessons. We took two hours on the slopes with her and can highly recommend. Given your going for 3 days not too sure if you could fit that in also.

Bcirl, you're a legend! I have booked Manorhaus, thanks to you!
    We have booked a Bayern ticket on Bahn.de.
    My friends were ploughing the Internet for accomodation, flights, trains etc etc... And 1 post on boards & I came through with results- fair play!
    We were going to drive, but can relax more with the train!
    My two mates have skied before, but it is my first time: I think I will follow your recommendation & ask the daughter of the household for lessons; I play lots of sport; football, gym, cycle, yoga etc; so I'm hoping I pick up fairly quickly; will no doubt fall lots!

Thank you Sir! & enjoy your weekend!

• Advertisement
Advertisement