Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker venues?

Options
  • 05-01-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi there,

Myself and 14 friends are looking for a pub venue in Dublin to play poker between ourselves.

My apartment is no longer big enough to host events and we are looking for a small room in a pub for free. We will be buying drinks at the bar during the night.

Does anyone know of any pubs that would allow this once a fortnight? We dont want to play against anyone else or enter tournaments.

Thanks.:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

What area had you in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭mandy30

Hi,

Well either city centre somewhere or perhaps the Lucan area.......

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

mandy30 wrote: »
    Hi,

Well either city centre somewhere or perhaps the Lucan area.......

I've done this in Madigan's on O'Connell street. There is a guy called Gill there who always looks after us. he reserves a raised area perfect for that amount or people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Ask in the Penny Hill in Lucan. They have an upstairs that they use for bridge and poker that they might let you use on nights that there's nothing else on

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Penguin231

Hi Mandy30

Try the Voodoo Card Club on Arran quay, night be able to accommodate you with just your friends playing each other (I think).
    Plus they have a girl's only game - great fun and very relaxed, it's held every second week - check out:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

In the current climate id say most places will accomodate you, or try to anyeay

Advertisement