Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London hotel?

Options
  • 05-01-2011 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

does anyone have any suggestions of a nice without being insanely expensive hotel in london??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Recently stayed in the Copthorne Tara in Kensington, very good rates available if there's more than one person. If it's just yourself then it may not be quite as economical.

http://www.millenniumhotels.co.uk/copthornetarakensington/index.html

Great location, safe and quite central.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I stayed in the Kensington House in...... well kensington. Think it was only 30 quid a nite per person.

Kensington seems to be a fairly popular place and it's not too far from all the touristy things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

For going over to football matches (late kick-off games especially), I've found Travelodge Fulham to be excellent. Book in advance and you can get some really good rates.

It is literally 10 minutes from Stamford Bridge stadium (the most central football stadium in London), about 7 minutes from Fulham Broadway Tube Station, very central. Many shops and so on nearby.

Rooms are clean, comfortable and serve their purpose.

Well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

the strand palace hotel on the strand is cheap enough.and you could'nt stay in a better location to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kalinda

The Jury's Marylebone hotel is lovely and just behind Oxford Street so very central.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

we stayed in the giles, it was at the top of oxford st, its a massive hotel and a lot of irish seem to stay there, its cheaper to book it through a booking website, and has a tube station right accross the street, dead handy access when you are dragging your suticase around. enjoy it, love london. (also make sure to check out the 2 for 1 entrance to attractions when you buy a train ticket, great value)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

For another option for the football there is the Hotel Ibis in Earls Court

Walkable distance to Stamford Bridge.
    I'm not sure where Craven Cottage is but it can't be far, Fulham is up the road

Bit outside city centre but tube there on Earls Court is less then 10 minutes walk away
    There is a West Brompton train station 5 minutes walk away though I don't realy know where that line goes

Nothing fancy now, it's just a branded hotel but the rates are reasonable for London, rooms are lovely and breakfast and the pub on the first floor were great
    Was there for a conference and liked it, I'd consider it again if I was going to London

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    For another option for the football there is the Hotel Ibis in Earls Court

Walkable distance to Stamford Bridge.
    I'm not sure where Craven Cottage is but it can't be far, Fulham is up the road

Bit outside city centre but tube there on Earls Court is less then 10 minutes walk away
    There is a West Brompton train station 5 minutes walk away though I don't realy know where that line goes

Nothing fancy now, it's just a branded hotel but the rates are reasonable for London, rooms are lovely and breakfast and the pub on the first floor were great
    Was there for a conference and liked it, I'd consider it again if I was going to London
    I've walked that Ibis Earls Court to Craven Cottage route and it's a long but manageable walk. 25 minutes maybe?

Advertisement