Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From the Basement again !

Options
  • 05-01-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Now that I've convinced our esteemed Mod Frobisher that BBC 6 is indeed the future , I was reminded again of how good From the Basement on Sky Arts is.

As is often the case, it had bands I thought were ok on - but made me look at them in a different light.

Last night it was Sonic Youth and Jose Gonzales ( and Laura Marling who I didn't catch)

Auto Beat Tune Detective me whole !:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

The ever increasingly inappropriately named Sonic Youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Indeed - they were never my cup of tea really - However I enjoyed what they were at last night.

Like the earlier 'Live at Abbey Road' the program format seems to bring the best out of bands.

check out the website here

Yes - I've seen that before.

Spinner.com is another good source ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

ah feck, I thought from the title that there was a new series!
    Great show. Sky Arts shows some great stuff. Did you ever see Songbook? Another good series.

• Advertisement

No I haven't ... worth a look ?

The other thing I love is that Classical Interview Program where yer man interviews a Soloist and they play a bit , usually unaccompanied in what looks like an underground car part full of mics !

There's a great buzz off the classical heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

yeah worth it alright. They usually repeat these things so no doubt it will be on again soon if it isnt already. http://www.skyarts.co.uk/music/article/songbook/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I really enjoyed watching Sonic Youth last night. Can't wait to see if they put the Radiohead one on.

Loved seeing all the engineers and production guys hanging around all geeky with Lee Ranaldo at the end :p

Advertisement