Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing Anti-Depressants with Alcohol

Options
  • 05-01-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have been on Anti-Depressants (effexor xl) for six years now and for the past three I have been very slowly weening myself off. However I am wondering if anyone has ever experienced addiction to alcohol when on this or any other type of anti-d? Initially I was careful with how much I drank when I started on the drugs, but over the years I have found myself drinking a lot more and definate signs of addiction coming through. I am now trying to quit booze until I am fully off the drugs, but I am scared that this is not an issue related to the drugs and more the fact that with or without them, I may be an alcoholic.
    Your insights would be really grateful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

is it not very dangerous to mix alcohol with anti d's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I dont know the answer to your question but why drink ( known depressants) and take anti depressants at the same time. That makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

madi we cant comment on your situation.

you need to speak to your doctor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement