Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering a new MTB - opinions on the Giant Revel 1?

Options
  • 05-01-2011 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Finally replacing my current mtb. Was hoping to go for something in the 800-1000 euro range but with current constraints thats out the window.

Long story short a friend says he can give me his 2010 Giant Revel 1 for 350
    euro.

35760-84618_1_Zoom.jpg

Is this a good deal? My current bike is an old Landrover Zamora 2007

LR-Zamora07.jpg

Here's the specs of each bike any input would be appreciated
    Giant Revel 1

Landrover Zamora 2007

simple question is am I trading up and is the Giant revel worth 350 euro?
    Thanks for your suggestions. :)

EDIT: I should point out that the bike on offer probably has less then 100km on it as said friend lost interest in cycling shortly after stepping foot out of the shop :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Eros_Panties

2 out of 5 stars? A hard review.

Still it does seem an improvement over my current bike.

Anyone have any first hand experience with the revel 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭sgriffin

not great value that giant, shop around you will definitely get a bike with the same spec close to that money in the January sales. i know i work in one, shop around and haggle you'll pick up a 2010 model cheap enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Eros_Panties

sgriffin wrote: »
    not great value that giant, shop around you will definitely get a bike with the same spec close to that money in the January sales. i know i work in one, shop around and haggle you'll pick up a 2010 model cheap enough.

Hmmmm. Might have a look around then. I wouldn't have thought I'd get a bike like that for 350 euro brand new. Especially as a brand new revel 1 online was going for about £400-450.

I suppose either way it'll be an improvement over my current MTB.:)

Advertisement