Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superhero on 103.8

Options
  • 05-01-2011 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I dont know If this has been 'discussed' (AH style of course lol) but was listening to 103.8FM(normally cant stand the channel-too much talk not enough music) and there was a guy from the US(typical:rolleyes:) talking about how he is a superhero, due to the fact that policing apparently not being great over there.
    He said that in order to protect his own children & to set an example he went out & got this special 'superhero' costume made that had bullet proof & stab resistant material built in.
    Anyway the long and short of it is that he goes on patrol in his superhero costume & if he see's someone commiting a crime such as breaking into a car he tackles them and makes a citizen arrest, then waits for the police to arrive.
    Now I was having a good giggle listening.

My question is....would you get involved if you were to see a crime being commited or would you just keep your head down and walk on?

Personally I have actually chased after lads that tried to break into my car then returned to the house and sat there shaking thinking to myself ''what the f*ck did I think I was doing'' and rang the local gardai, they actually laughed but also gave me a talking to saying ''they could have stabbed you'' but of course I wasnt thinking at the time:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Sounds like a douche bag, betcha he's a republican.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Maddison wrote: »
    he went out & got this special 'superhero' costume made that had bullet proof & stab resistant material built in.

I bet I could prove him wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

No, he's an American!!Douche bag is what Im trying to figure out.
    i hope for the sake of humanity you are joking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

We have our own guy who does that around these parts somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Sprouts

That film Kick ass has a lot to answer for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I bet I could prove him wrong.

Oh he said he was stabbed and shot at.......but still he carries on doing what he does. The police have told him that he should let them do their jobs and he basically told them that because they weren't always there when needed that he was not going to stand around doing nothing while crime was commited in his neighborhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    We have our own guy who does that around these parts somewhere.
    Citizen arrests were made for The Citizen.

Speaking of him, I wonder what's he up to these days? Haven't heard anything from him here on boards for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Sprouts wrote: »

Sounds more like Defendor.

Phoenix hits the streets in a less-than glamorous Kia driven by a female sidekick who never gets out of the car.

hahahahahahahahahaha
    what a bender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

To answer the question, yes I would. I have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Anyway the long and short of it is that he goes on patrol in his superhero costume & if he see's someone commiting a crime such as breaking into a car he tackles them and makes a citizen arrest, then waits for the police to arrive.

So he grabs a guy, then it's a case of his word against the other guys?

hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

He said that in order to protect his own children & to set an example he went out & got this special 'superhero' costume made that had bullet proof & stab resistant material built in.

No match for petrol & matches then - fool he's given us his only weakness - barring his severe mental problems

Local TV stations have somehow managed to catch up with Phoenix who said: "When I walk into a neighbourhood, criminals leave because they see the suit.

Personally if I saw someone walking around my neighborhood I would pmsl. I would also assume he was on his way to a costume party.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Local TV stations have somehow managed to catch up with Phoenix who said: "When I walk into a neighbourhood, criminals leave because they see the suit.

Personally if I saw someone walking around my neighborhood I would pmsl. I would also assume he was on his way to a costume party.

A lá Delboy and Rodney ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I was a superhero a few weeks ago. In the sense that a junkie scumbag snatched a girls phone about 10 feet in front of me at the four courts then ran right towards me. I made to stop him and he ran up a lane, I went after him and when he saw me close behind he stopped, turned around and said he "was only messin". Told him to give the girl back her phone, which he did while repeating "but I was only messin". Walked the girl down as far as Capel st and said goodbye. Not even a "my hero" with a leg popping kiss or nothing. :pac:

So the guy was half my size and probably strung out, the real hero part was not thumping him in his nose for the trouble.

NothingMan wrote: »
    I was a superhero a few weeks ago. In the sense that a junkie scumbag snatched a girls phone about 10 feet in front of me at the four courts then ran right towards me. I made to stop him and he ran up a lane, I went after him and when he saw me close behind he stopped, turned around and said he "was only messin". Told him to give the girl back her phone, which he did while repeating "but I was only messin". Walked the girl down as far as Capel st and said goodbye. Not even a "my hero" with a leg popping kiss or nothing. :pac:

So the guy was half my size and probably strung out, the real hero part was not thumping him in his nose for the trouble.
    i would have expected at least a blow job :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Walked the girl down as far as Capel st and said goodbye. Not even a "my hero" with a leg popping kiss or nothing. :pac:

Probably a lesbian.

Fair play NothingMan, giving an iPad to someone & then that. Your a hero in my eyes *mwah*

Fair play NothingMan, giving an iPad to someone & then that. Your a hero in my eyes *mwah*

Yes..... it was me who gave the iPad to someone.... <_< , >_>.

*It wasn't but don't tell Maddison, I think she wants to sleep with me now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

That was me!!! :D:D

And i have also intervened in a crime too - go me!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Sprouts wrote: »

Sounds more like Defendor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I also have intervened in many crimes.

Does disabling eircom phonewatch in my neighbours houses for the craic count?

Yes..... it was me who gave the iPad to someone.... <_< , >_>.

*It wasn't but don't tell Maddison, I think she wants to sleep with me now.

It wasnt

mental note to self: NothingMan does not deserve hero shag

KeithM89 wrote: »
    That was me!!! :D:D

And i have also intervened in a crime too - go me!! :p

Mai hero :p

Puts KeithM89 on hero shag list

Blast you Keithm89, once again you destroy my evil sex schemes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Stopped a few crimes happening throughout the years and would gladly do so again...had to do CPR once and first aid too a few times.

...almost completed a Rubix cube too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Mai hero :p

Puts KeithM89 on hero shag list

HAHA!! :cool: SUCK IT NothingMan... :D

KeithM89 wrote: »
    HAHA!! :cool: SUCK IT NothingMan... :D

Eh, I'd rather Maddison suc.... Nevermind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭A.Tomas

, the real hero part was not thumping him in his nose for the trouble.

Really???:rolleyes: Are you sure?

Advertisement