Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get a student card?

Options
  • 05-01-2011 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

1.) How old do you have to be?
    2.) Do you have to be in college?
    3.) How much do they cost?
    4.) Where can I get one?
    5.) Can they be used as ID cards?
    -> Where? (Surely pubs and nightclubs don't accept them if you can get one before you're eighteen, as I'm led to believe).
    -> Can you use them as ID if they confirm that you are over eighteen?
    6.) What is displayed on them? (Photo, name, date of birth? Anything else?)

Go raibh mile maith agaibh.
    Gaeilge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Gaeilge?

Is that the one that gets you discounts in loads of shops? I thought the travel card was separate to that one. :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You are generally given an ID card when you register with a University/College.
    This card is important for all manner of thing in the institution such as entry to exams.
    It is not typically accepted as proof of age but will get you discounts in certain shops.

Before going to college, what card is used as proof of age? As in, if you need to prove that you are seventeen, what card do you get, or is there any for this? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

we use age cards after 18, otherwise passport or something?
    Lots of college IDs don't have age printed on them.

• Advertisement

Okay, thanks for the help everyone. :)

Advertisement