Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Belt Recoil (Tension)

Options
  • 05-01-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a 07 Citroen C4 and am finding that when I release my seat belt from the bucket it is not recoiling as quickly as it should, sometime you even have to give it a helping hand to go back at stages.

I was just wondering if anybody knows is there any way to add more tension/recoil to a seat belt??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

This is often caused by a build up of dust and dirt on the recoil mechanism, if your handy with some basic tools you could take it out and clean and regrease it to see if it helps.

Bare in mind that if the seatbelt doesn't recoil properly its an NCT fail...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

This is often caused by a build up of dust and dirt on the recoil mechanism, if your handy with some basic tools you could take it out and clean and regrease it to see if it helps.

Bare in mind that if the seatbelt doesn't recoil properly its an NCT fail...

Cheers, will have a look at that, NCT is due at the end of Feb & I want to make sure it goes through first time and is not failed for something stupid !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭halkar

This happens in my C4 too. Tell the garage and they will fix it. I usually tell when i am in for service and is fine after whatever they do.

halkar wrote: »
    This happens in my C4 too. Tell the garage and they will fix it. I usually tell when i am in for service and is fine after whatever they do.

If the Nissan doctor's fix doesn't work I will say it to the garage when I send the car in for it's pre-nct test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

celticbest wrote: »
    If the Nissan doctor's fix doesn't work I will say it to the garage when I send the car in for it's pre-nct test.

Just make sure you don't get any grease on the seat belt itself, or else you'll look like you have a beauty pageant sash on when you get out!:D

• Advertisement

Just make sure you don't get any grease on the seat belt itself, or else you'll look like you have a beauty pageant sash on when you get out!:D

Cheers, I will keep that in mind, the wife might not mind that but I certainly would ;)

Advertisement