Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston Station to Citywest by bike

Options
  • 05-01-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a route from Heuston to Citywest that isn't a dice with fast moving cars?

Rapid Rider

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Head to Hilton Kilmainham, Inchicore Village and then maybe head out that new canal route to the end of the track - I think that leaves you on road that could connect down to City West, although I could be wrong :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Woah, the new canal route would make a good chunk of that a nice trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

The new canal route means you have off road cycle paths from Inchicore to Kingswood entrance to Citywest. Give yourself about 30mins to cycle from the Station to Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

It's kinda a roundabout route but at least the scenery is nice! :) (if you don't mind lifting your bike over all those gates!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rapid Rider

Thanks! I might take the route along the canal as it looks a bit quieter than going around the Red Cow!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Thanks! I might take the route along the canal as it looks a bit quieter than going around the Red Cow!

This here -- http://goo.gl/maps/MxPh -- is a more off road route from the station to the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

The Red cow isn't as bad as what you might suspect. There's cycle track/bus lane up until Newlands cross and then only 2km of good hard shoulder if you go straight up the dual carriageway or you can cross at Newlands and go up by the Corkage park on the back road. It will be quicker than than the canal route by about 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I used to go from Terenure to Citywest, and I went via the Tallaght bypass so as to avoid the Red Cow interchange. And, in fact, just to avoid the N7 altogether. The Tallaght bypass was a lot quieter. Probably still is.

Probably too circuitous for your purposes.

Advertisement