Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Season 3 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 05-01-2011 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,892 ✭✭✭✭

The show returns for a third season this Sunday the 09/01/11 on RTE 1

Source

The third installment of the drama sees the return of IFTA winner Charlene McKenna (Whistleblower), Aisling O’Sullivan (The Clinic), Keith McErlean (Bachelors' Walk) and Ger Ryan (Whistleblower; Family) alongside cast newcomers Padraic Delaney (Perrier’s Bounty) and Marcella Plunkett (Once).
    Directed by Simon Massey (Skins, The Bill) and Charlie McCarthy (Pure Mule), the new six-part series sees RAW's owner Fiona (Aisling O'Sullivan) employ Ray Cronin (Padraic Delaney), formerly one of Dublin's most successful restaurateurs, to be her new front of house manager. Ray is a man with a notorious reputation and sparks soon start to fly between the two. Meanwhile RAW's feisty chef Jojo (Charlene McKenna) finally seems ready to settle down and has moved in with her boyfriend Dylan (Paul Reid). However, the arrival of her gorgeous cousin Ellen (Marcella Plunkett) quickly causes things to unravel - Ellen is Jojo's childhood nemesis and she immediately takes a shine to Bobby (Liam Garrigan) leaving Jojo facing some life defining decisions. Other cast members who feature in the third series include Damon Gameau (The Tracker), Krystof Hadek (Dark Blue World) and Peter Campion (Gosford Park). ‘RAW’ is being produced by Ciara McIlvenny (The Bill) and the executive producers for the third series are Douglas Rae (Nowhere Boy), James Flynn (King Arthur), Morgan O'Sullivan (Camelot), Suzanne McAuley (Love/Hate) and Michael Parke (Imagine Me and You).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,892 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Back tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Charlene McKenna is the best thing on Irish television :)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

I actually really like this,..

I see its been shot all around the camden street area but what building is the restaurant actually set in?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

I'm really enjoying this episode, geoff ya ride ya!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I'm really enjoying this episode, geoff ya ride ya!!

Ive been told im he's double:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I don't know which one, but I've definitely seen the clock. They've replaced the illuminated board with the "Raw" sign. It's well on down past the Palace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 whatevatreva

hi guys

i was an extra in RAW over the summer but im not sure which week is the one I will be in...is there any way of getting like a synopsis of each episode of the season??
    then i would know for sure which one??

thanks

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭observer2u

doughef wrote: »

I see its been shot all around the camden street area but what building is the restaurant actually set in?

Its an old building thats closed for the rest of the year - close to the thesis center.

The pub in this series is down the road toward the other side but I don't know what it is.

The house that jojo and yer man have moved into is in leinster sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Anyone else think Jo-Jo has porked up a bit this year ?
    No offence :D

I still would though !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I think this is it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

kc66 wrote: »
    I think this is it.

Yep, thats it. I cycle past it every day going to work. They were filming it there at the end of last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Does anyone else love it when she says "Shut up Shay!" :D Great episode I thought

Wow Jojo and Bobby finally get it on

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I'm lovin' RAW. I couldn't believe Jojo and Bobby - there's defintely going to be some heartbreak but can't figure out yet if it will be Dylan or Jojo. I have a feeling Bobby only went for her coz he knew he could have her.

I wish Geoff and Pavel ("Paaavel") would get back together. I loved the bit when Geoff asked the doc for a drink and he said "well, actually I was going to ask Pavel" - brilliant!! :D
    And I definitely think that new fella, Ray, was behind the robbery - he saw her putting the money in the safe the first day he was there and he's in debt!

Roll on next Sunday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

In the irish times magazine today, in the sortof Hot/Not section, in the Hot:

New Series of Raw

Sharp writing, solid acting, and quality photography - not to mention the ever edgy Charlene McKenna

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So had Bobby left for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

kitten_k wrote: »
    So had Bobby left for good?

I would say he will reappear in maybe the last episode.

TBH Dylan bores the socks off me. I know Bobby is totally unsuitable, would probably break Jojo's heart all over again, but he is way more exciting than Dylan.

Bad boys rule! :D

I would say he will reappear in maybe the last episode.

TBH Dylan bores the socks off me. I know Bobby is totally unsuitable, would probably break Jojo's heart all over again, but he is way more exciting than Dylan.

Bad boys rule! :D

I agree with this I dont like Dylan at all

I think there is some chemistry also between Jojo and Ray but I think Ray is for Fiona (she looks too old for him imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

Anyone know where one can obtain a list of the songs played on each episode of Raw, season 3? Some great music so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

It is right beside Inreda, the design store on Camden street.

• Advertisement

Finale next week and looks like Bobby is back for the wedding :)

I thought Jojo really was preggers last night

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Finale next week and looks like Bobby is back for the wedding :)

I thought Jojo really was preggers last night

Jojo keeps saying she doesnt love Bobby. I feel she is lying. But who knows?
    Next week will be good anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

So what did we make of the finale?

It was sort of unpredictably... anticlimactic. Don't mean it as a criticism per se, it was perhaps realistically anticlimactic.
    No sign of Bobby. Leaves the Ray angle dangling.

The only stereotypically 'happy ending' seemed to be the Geoff/Pavel plot. Which I wasn't unhappy about, although I thought how it had been developed over the preceding episodes was a bit unconvincing...while they exposed Geoff's feelings pretty obviously, Pavel seemed well and truly over Geoff, then like a switch he's back in his arms at the end of this episode. There was no hint of regret from Pavel prior to this, really.

I presume there's going to be another series? They left many open doors here and even if it's not a perfectly executed drama, I kind of want to see more of where these characters go.

I thought it was a crap finale imo

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

What was the song played over the final credits last night, anyone know?

Yes, it was a let down for a finale but enough threads are left for a further series. Over all RAW is brilliant. Easily one of the best shows on RTE and really shows that we have the talent to produce well written, well executed dramas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 musiquenonstop

I thought it was brilliant. Am so compelled by this programme... SUCH good acting! Excellent ending... So unique. So good.

I
    just thought that the Pavel finale was so well done. Really Really great acting, from these two. Dylans scene with his daughter just heartbreaking.
    Great stuff from them all, Aisling O Sullivan inspiring, and the newly skinny cousin... I thought she was 2 dimentional at the beginning, but in the end I was totally sold.

Great writing, beautiful filming, talented actors... Can't believe I have to wait a whole year for more?!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

colonel1 wrote: »
    Anyone know where one can obtain a list of the songs played on each episode of Raw, season 3? Some great music so far.

I don't know but I did notice they were playing a good few of The Coronas songs

I was sure Bobby was gonna come back for the last episode. And even those 2 that worked in the kitchen that got the sack earlier (Tiny and the dumb guy).
    I had a lump in my throat for the scene with Geoff and Pavel. Geoff acts tough but he's such a softie. So many times throughout this season I just wanted to give Geoff a hug. He needs someone to look after him, God bless him!
    I was expecting to see Ray dead in the apartment when Fiona rang!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

I was expecting to see Ray dead in the apartment when Fiona rang!

So did I, or that
    he'd be lying on the floor trying to reach the phone after getting a hiding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

julyjane wrote: »
    So did I, or that
    he'd be lying on the floor trying to reach the phone after getting a hiding

Hopefully that is still the case !! :D

I love Geoff so much and himself and Pavel are so cute together. I hated that Jack fella so I'm really happy they're back together.
    I wish Jojo and Dylan could have battled through it but he just couldn't trust her. Bobby's a waste of space.
    Roll on January 2012 for the next instalment!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement