Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAIRING SKY+ HD REMOTE WITH DVD PLAYER

Options
  • 05-01-2011 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi everyone,
    I recently bought a new Samsung 42inch Plasma TV. While the picure is fantastic, the sound leaves a lot to be desired. (Previous telly was a sony trinitron 29inch with excellent sound)..
    Right heres the problem, I've a remote for the new tv, sky+ HD remote and a sony dvd remote (surround sound system) and want to minimise the amount of remotes lying around.

Ideally i want to use the sony dvd system (surround sound) to replace the crap sound of the new telly. I also tried and failed to pair the SKy remote with the sony dvd player (surround sound). I can easily pair the sky remote with the tv, but by eliminating the tv speakers and using the surround sound Id need to pair the sky remote with the surround sound system instead of the telly. Any ideas? Its getting to be a pain!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I've never heard of a Sky remote controlling other devices. As far as I know - it can only control TVs.

You could invest in an advanced one-for-all remote, such as the Logitech range of Harmony remotes (http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/remotes/universal-remotes). This should allow you to control all the devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

...oh, another idea: does the Samsung have an optical audio output? Mine does. You could try connecting this to your AMP and see if the audio level changes when you change the TV volume (it may not though, so don't get your hopes up!).

Advertisement