Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Snowboard Club

Options
  • 05-01-2011 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey Guys... I am in the process of setting up a website for Snowboarders. Some of you will probably remember irishsnowboarder.com which was very sucessful and had quite a lot of activity going on it all year round.
    The site is www.irishsc.com and I am hoping to have all the releveant snowboard news, media, forum etc... I have started it off and released the forum for public use today. I am hoping that if we could get the member numbers up that I could approach some retail companies,insurance companies etc to offer dscounts to members.
    I am also hoping that maybe we could use it as a social hub, where we could organise jams, night outs, trips etc... Any and ALL suggestions would be greatfully appreciated and if anyone is interested in helping out with moderating please feel free to contact me.
    Thanks and peace out....
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Hey John,

Just tried to sign up there for a look, activated my account via email, tried to login....

Get brought to this page: http://www.irishsc.com/index.php?option=com_user&view=login

With this error message: SECURITYIMAGES REJECT USER ENTRY

Regards
    Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LazyPaddy

Hi Ross.
    Thanks for that. I think you may have been trying it while I was installing Security Images. I got an influx of spam accounts 2 minutes after it went live. This should be sorted now and I've also changed the login redirection link to bring you to the forum...
    Thanks for the heads up though... Would you be so kind as to give me any feedback...good or bad(I don't get insulted easy :) )

No Problem Paddy :)

Logged in again this morning without issue. My immediate reaction is that the site looks good, nice job!

One thing I would critique though is the user stats are using a lot of real estate that would be better used by the forum, which looks slightly cramped. I'd imagine the stats might be better used in a horizontal format, as they don't need much space.

Other than that, all you need is a few more active users ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LazyPaddy

Hi Ross
    That module is only meant for the home page...just changed it. Well spotted and thanks again.

Looks good John!

• Advertisement
Advertisement