Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titans: Young or Fisher

Options
  • 05-01-2011 4:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what people think the team should do in this situation. I've been reading alot about this on other sites and wanted to hear what the thoughts of boards.ie was.

Alot of Titans fans seemed to think the Jeff Fisher was to quick to put Kerry Collins into the game if Vince Young made a couple of mistakes and that messed up his confidence, but since the Redskins game and Young's temper tantrum alot of fans have turned against him.

Your thoughts please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think the Christmas card suggested whats going to happen there.
    46b49_nfl_w_titans_ps_300.jpg
    #

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm a huge fan of Young and imo he should be put back in as the Titans starting QB next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Fisher is a legend, to me fisher is the titans. I'd love for us to keep fisher, get rid of young, and give our first round pick to the eagles for kolb.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Think the Titans should Stick with Fisher. Young isn't a great QB and his attitude stinks. The Titans aren't far off being a really good team but if they cut Fisher lose now they could be back at square one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Young has done nothing to really say he's going to be the Titan's long standing QB and his antics this year have really proved he's too much of a liability. With Kolb and Orton going on the market aswell as the draft the Titans will be shopping around for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

If I was owner I'd want Fisher to say but I think it's time for him to go, players get tired of hearing the same voices and although they showed in the last game they still want to play for him, he'll earn big bucks elsewhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

not the greatest fan of fisher, think he had a roster capable of a lot but never fulfilled it and never seemed to know what to do at critical times. Young has shown promise, but has he played a full 16 game season yet? I know he has a healthy win/loss ratio as starter, and prety much saved fishers job last year going 8-2 after Collins had them at 0-6.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

It depends what the Titans want really. If they want to stay at a competitive level but likely not win the big one (see Philly/Andy Reid) then they should stick with Fisher. They'll never be awful under him as they'll always be fairly well coached.

If they want to go all out and risk it for a Superbowl then getting rid of him and bringing in a John Gruden is the way to go. I think Gruden would make the Titans a superbowl contender for two seasons or so and then his awful GMing (which he will want some control over) will bite them in the ass.

I will say this, Fisher has handled Vince Young awfully since he was drafted. I understand he didn't want him in the first place but he gets paid a lot of money to coach these players and Young, while he has a fragile mind to say the least, has the potential to be a star imo. He needed better man management and yanking him every time he had a bad game was shocking imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Sack both. fisher has achieved way too little to have kept that job so long, and the team are going backwards. He's riding the gravy train.

And Young is a fool who will never be a leader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

And Vince Young is gone.

Have to say, I'm fairly please. #8 in the draft, in the chance someone like Cam Newton will there it'll be massive. He and CJ in the back field, Britt down the field. If we can't get a good enough QB in the first round or two, I'm at a loss because there are few stand out backups/free agents under than Kolb.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    And Vince Young is gone.

Have to say, I'm fairly please. #8 in the draft, in the chance someone like Cam Newton will there it'll be massive. He and CJ in the back field, Britt down the field. If we can't get a good enough QB in the first round or two, I'm at a loss because there are few stand out backups/free agents under than Kolb.

I`m gonna take an absolute shot in the dark and say that the Titans try for Jake Locker in the draft , hes the best gunslinger likely to be available cause if Andrew Luck declares , hes gonna be no.1

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    And Vince Young is gone.

Shocked... very shocked. He'll be picked up by someone and if he ends up in a decent system he could do very well. I think he'd be an excellent option in Arizona.

maybe he will be picked up by Buffalo or Jacksonville ? Or maybe even by the Redskins to compete with Donovan Mcnabb and Rex Grossman for the starters job ?

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Shocked... very shocked. He'll be picked up by someone and if he ends up in a decent system he could do very well. I think he'd be an excellent option in Arizona.

I don`t think Arizona is best fit , we know Young has an attitude problem and the pressure to succeed is obviously very high judging by the reactions of Derek Anderson in recent postgame interviews .

I don`t think Arizona is best fit , we know Young has an attitude problem and the pressure to succeed is obviously very high judging by the reactions of Derek Anderson in recent postgame interviews .

Anderson was probably drunk in those interviews!! :D

Expectations will be high for Vince Young wherever he goes because of his ceiling is so high. You can make an argument that every team in the NFL would be a bad fit because of the pressure and you'd have a valid point.

The reason I think Arizona would suit him is that Larry Fitz would give him the out ball that he never really had with the Titans (although Britt is going to be a superstar imo). Young talent wise is a huge upgrade on Anderson and while i like the look of Skelton, Young would give the Cardinals a chance to go to the playoffs again. Especially if the West doesn't improve as a division.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

The question now is where will he go next.

Advertisement