Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-travel.ie???

Options
  • 05-01-2011 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've previously had a bad experience booking via edreams, communciation with their customer care was a nightmare cos they're based in Spain. They asked me to call them but as I'm deaf, correspondence was conducted via email and I felt frustrated because I don't think they understood my emails and their replies weren't great. So with that in mind, I'd rather book with an different provider where English would be the first language of the staff working for them.

I'm fortunate that the two companies offering the cheapest price for the flights I want happen to be Irish, e-travel.ie and ebookers. I've googled reviews for ebookers and they're mixed reviews. So I'm wondering has anyone ever booked long flights through e-travel? I'm wondering what they're like, I've googled them for reviews but there doesn't seem to be any?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Hi
    I booked a cruise with them last summer and found them very good. they put a package of flights and acom together, very well priced. About a month later I was invited to a sales reception for more holidays. I would use them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 koqin_karemo7

THE price foR the flight is higher than if u buy directly on the airline's website.
    plus,if u want to make changes to ur flight, it cost u more or less the same if u were to purchase a new ticket.my ticket price Was 333 euros and 2 days later i rang them to make a change.they want me to pay 301 euro just to change the ticket although the price for a new ticket was just 350. RIDICULOUS!plus,if u make changes directly with the airline,it costs only 100 pounds!plus,bad customer service!only 1 representative answering the all and replying to emails

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭oxysept

we use e-travel as corp travel company, expensive not responsive bad route choices - generally very disappointed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lisa3

I have been dealing with etravel for corporate business for over 6 years and have found the staff excellent and pricing very competitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 leana032

Just got a great deal to Las Vegas with them - and nice to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

When booking flights, what I normally do is check www.skyscanner.net and www.kayak.co.uk for the itineraries I want, then I check e-travel.ie to see if I can get these itineraries cheaper again. Invariably, I find I can.

Thumbs up to e-travel.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 leana032

Have to agree, we have just started using them for Corporate travel - the staff are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jason6547

When booking flights, what I normally do is check www.skyscanner.net and www.kayak.co.uk for the itineraries I want, then I check e-travel.ie to see if I can get these itineraries cheaper again. Invariably, I find I can.

Thumbs up to e-travel.ie!

These guys are legit then for sure?? just seems so cheap compared to others..? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

booked my flights to Japan with e-travel - they were an immense help in the turmoil following the earthquake and tsunami which took place just a few days before I was supposed to travel.

I'd absolutely recommend them to people booking online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

jason6547 wrote: »
    These guys are legit then for sure?? just seems so cheap compared to others..? cheers

Yes, I use them all the time. Have done for years.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement