Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Home Sharing Question........?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen a lot of threads here about Home Sharing but I think this may be somewhat different.

Myself, my wife and my two children use the same iMac. All four of us have separate logins to save everything getting mixed up and to allow for parental controls for the children.

My wife got me an Apple TV (2) for Christmas. I set it up and turned on Home Sharing and all works fine. Great for streaming music through the AV system in the living room and excellent for viewing my iPhoto library. So good that my wife wanted her iPhoto library set to share.

That's where the problem begins. I turned on her home sharing and included photos but when I went to the Apple TV neither of our library's showed under the 'Computers' list. I had my wife log out and my library reappeared on the Apple TV.

It appears that I cannot have two libraries shared at once which seems a bit stupid - so I'm wondering if I missed something.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

You can use two sharing libraries at once on the network. I do. Did u enable photo Sharing as well in iTunes? Is everything up to date with firmware for the AppleTV and your iMacs?

Edit; two separate macs or the quick change accounts, if it's. Quick change accounts that could be the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just for info - I figured this out.

The Apple ID I use for the Apple TV is my own.

In order to share other libraries via the Apple TV, I must login to Home Sharing on any other libraries using MY Apple ID and not that of the library's owner.

I just though I'd post the solution in case others encounter the same problem.

Advertisement