Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on a bike

Options
  • 04-01-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

Hey, just looking for a bit of advice. I've decided to take advantage of the cycle to work scheme , looking for something to commute around Swords, nothing to serious, going to the shops, round to the mates and with the way petrol prices are going save a bit of cash.

I like the look of this,
    http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_551205_langId_-1_categoryId_212377
    seem a good price compared to other single speeds I'v seen and I think the hub can be swaped around to make it a fixed gear but would it be suitable for getting around Swords? I don't mind having to work to get up a hill but I don't want it to kill me either. I do a bit of running so maybe the extra work out on my legs might be a good thing.

Cheers, Dyl.

Advertisement