Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Shim. Alfine 8 hub?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 7:04pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a bike shop that will undertake servicing a hub gear like above. Bit of a specialized dark art I imagine? Dublin. JD's do that sort of work?

There's this but eh, not going to try that EVER!!
    http://www.hubstripping.com/shimano-alfine/alfine-strip/index.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I think someone here has had their hub serviced in Cycleways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Unfortunately i can't help at all, but just wondering if you came across a link for stripping an oldish sturmey 3spd hub.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

abcdggs wrote: »
    Unfortunately i can't help at all, but just wondering if you came across a link for stripping an oldish sturmey 3spd hub.

Is it not on Google?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Google is your friend

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~hadland/samaintind.htm

My dad repaired his when he was 15 yrs old,back in the '50's,and got the spare parts in McHugh Himself on Talbot St.Jasus I'm showing my age now,I rermember being in their too as a teenager!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

penexpers wrote: »
    I think someone here has had their hub serviced in Cycleways.

I certainly had a Nexus 8 done in Cycleways, and another user - ArchitectDublin - did the same with good results. See previous thread here.

I don't know anything about the Alfine, but it doesn't look all that different from the Nexus. It might be worth your while downloading the relevant Shimano manuals and having a look yourself- could be a fairly minor problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement