Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial motor tax in Ireland

Options
  • 04-01-2011 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

As you may have heard there are new crazy tax rates for commercial motor veichles in Ireland if you dont hav a V.A.T. number or a herd number. My van is just due for tax renewal and I cant afford these new rates. My father has a herd number and some people were telling me to sign my car over to him and get insured as a named driver under his policy but on enquiry to the insurance broker this cant be done. Im just wondering is there any other way around it or ways of dodging these new rates. Any help would be great-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Evading tax, or discussion of how to, is against the charter.

There is a big thread on this already if you have a look, but again if you're looking for advice on how to qualify for the incorrect tax, this isn't the place.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement