Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

around the world tickets

Options
  • 04-01-2011 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Does anyone know how much an around the world ticket would cost, like a flight with a few stops included. Would like to travel South America and then Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia etc and then maybe oz or New Zealand if there is time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭pauraic1990

All the info are here from USIT

http://www.usit.ie/holidays/round-the-world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nivek13

to be honest USIT are pretty crap I was looking for some personal advice otherwise I would of went directly to them!! has anyone gone on an around the world trip in seven months ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I did six months half way around the world but had to head back due to family illness so didn't get to do South America. The only thing I'd advise is if you're doing SE asia threes months is enough to do the loop including Burma. Didn't do India as that's several months on its own.

NZ was my favorite.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I don't understand what you're asking though. You want to know how much they cost - but don't want to ask the company that sells them? You can go with Trailfinders or some others, but they're all pretty much the same. A big one with lots of stops is around €2200. The cheapest is just over a €1000 I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Go to trailfinders and they will help you work out what stops you can take. I got a ticket that covers S.America, NZ, Australia, S.E. Asia with 6 flights for just over 2000 euro. They have more expensive options and cheaper options but when I was looking most places offered similar (or the same) flights with similar companies for around the same price.

The reason I booked with trailfinders is that I found that trailfinders staff were better at helping figure out the best route.

• Advertisement
Advertisement