Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclecross bike help - Buying today

Options
  • 04-01-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks
    I'm looking to get a cyclocross bike todaysmile.gif and have set my sights on a 2010 Focus Mare in this link as i can get it for e1000 (there is also an ultegra sl version with fulcrum 7s for 1200, which is tempting, but I'm unsure if its worth it, I use sl on my road bike atm).
    Before I take the plunge I thought I'd see if anyone knows of a better deal at the moment (i'm using the BTW scheme and applicaton needs to be in on Friday)

Im heading to the shop around 4 so if you have any suggestions before tehm I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭ciarsciars

I know the Cycle Inn in Tallaght have 20% off all bikes at the moment. The sell some Ridley and Giant CX bikes around your budget, might be worth having a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

There's a post in the thread below from sgriffin selling a little used Focus Mares, might be worth making contact.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056134263"]

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

I just posted my Team mares CX 1 bike for sale.....top top spec, as new, bit more pricey at €1950!

http://www.mtbireland.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1666

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭columbus_66

I can recommend the Focus Mares, I have one and it is great. I upgraded everything on it though as the basic model is just ok. I also use this bike for winter training and touring as it has all the braze ons. The one you show in the link doesn't have the braze ons so I wouldn't have bought one like that. I find the dearer cyclocross frames don't have the braze ons especially the carbon frames. The beauty of it is I can put on any size tyres I want up to 42c and full proper mudguards and carrier.

The Giant TCX bikes are very good as well. And Ridley make a full range of cross bikes which are very good. the Cycle Inn have these in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

thanks folks, went with the 105 mares. was stuck between that and the cube x race comp. found ridleys expensive, afaik id have to go tiagra for 1000, which is too expensive for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement