Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throttling ports UPC

Options
  • 04-01-2011 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

They've been doing this selectively to me for two years and every time I ring up, they pretend there's nothing they can do their end and don't even know what a throttle is!

So what's this:

http://www.upcirelandsucks.com/2010/11/10/throttling/
    This is not official policy, but throttling is enabled on the UPC network and available at the flick of a mouse by a Customer Service Representative. Ask the agent to right-click your broadband product and the option will be there (not all agents will be empowered to use it however). Another good question to ask is what is their undocumented broadband extreme service!

Just tell us the truth, I don't mind an AUP that's clear and don't like being lied to again and again like I obviously have been over the last few years. I hardly download any more so this throttling never happens anymore but I am going to move provider to Digiweb Metro as I don't like being told lies upon lies! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What's the point with registering with Boards to make that post pointed at UPC, do you expect closure on your issue by magic?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

UPC do not throttle ports - friend of mine works there and tells me.

Everyone who seems to think they are "throttling p2p traffic" needs to log onto their router, find that option that says "disabled ip flooding" and untick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    UPC do not throttle ports - friend of mine works there and tells me.

Everyone who seems to think they are "throttling p2p traffic" needs to log onto their router, find that option that says "disabled ip flooding" and untick it.

+1.

UPC don't throttle ports. I know that for a fact.
    On another note, they would legally be well within their rights to throttle you if you are not complying to the AUP. Saying that though, even though they have the right to do it, it's not company policy. Remember, like any company, they are looking out for the majority. Not just you.

That website isn't a customer advocacy group, its a heap of bullsh!t.....I find it a bit wierd that the website is stalking UPC employees.... http://www.upcirelandssucks.com/2010/11/07/customer-service-in-upc/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement