Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony BDPS370 Blu-ray Player WiFi Help Needed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

The only USB dongle that will definitely work is the official Sony one as the device probably only has the firmware for it.

However you can also get a device for bridging via ethernet to a wireless network, which is what the belkin device does. This will also work.

Just as an aside this is the same problem people had with the original xbox 360 as it doesn't have built in wireless and the USB dongle is way overpriced. Hence why these adapters are called gaming adapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 smythc

managed to get sorted on this, second router is set to ethernet instead of adsl, so its connect via cable, id still preferr wireless but bridging was not working. At least this way though i can connect 4 devices to the second router.

One problem i am having though is that now since dconnecting the second router up, when i open my Mac back up, not start just open the scfeen, previously the connect to my main router would be available within a second. Now though it takes ages, if at all, i have to turn airport off and on to get it back.

Any ideas on this ?

Cheers

Advertisement