Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The State paying for House parties ??

Options
  • 04-01-2011 10:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭

Seems like they are all at it ! But i suppose we knew that.

Reported in yesterdays Indo that a former Director of The Royal Irish Academy "spent over €28k on work related parties in his home and was a very frequent visitor to exclusive Dublin restaurent Patk Guilbauds - all apparently on expenses !

What the F*****ck - how does this happen - are the Irish completely out of control once they get their snouts into the trough ?

Is this guy on any tax free scheme ?

Surely we should get answers on this ...apparently his salary of over 200k and expenses were unapproved by Dept of Education.

Just what the f****ck is going on here ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Too many asterices(isks) after 'f'?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

You're just jealous because you can't. Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Reported in yesterdays Indo that a former Director of The Royal Irish Academy "spent over €28k on work related parties in his home and was a very frequent visitor to exclusive Dublin restaurent Patk Guilbauds - all apparently on expenses !

What the F*****ck - how does this happen - are the Irish completely out of control once they get their snouts into the trough ?

Surely we should get answers on this ...apparently his salary of over 200k and expenses were unapproved by Dept of Education.

I am equally as baffled, can you imagine the shi*e talk at those parties as they choke on fois grais at our expense? How is paying for this mans lifestyle of benefit to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Theres no such thing as a 'work-related party'. Thats an oxymoron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

chin_grin wrote: »
    Too many asterices(isks) after 'f'?

Not if he means fetlock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What the F*****ck -

Feedback?
    Flapjack?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

What do this crowd do? I never heard of it before now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

What do this crowd do? I never heard of it before now.

They raised €2.4 Billion in donations from private companies for projects last year and are partly responsible for Intel and HP coming to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Fair enough, still looks like a bit of system milking though on the boss man's part.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

If this guy is involved in attracting inward investment and dealing with the heads of large multinationals then of course he is going to be taking them tot he likes of Patrick Guilbauds. You hardly expect him to be taking the head of intel to McDonalds and telling him why he should invest in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

TheZohan wrote: »
    They raised €2.4 Billion in donations from private companies for projects last year and are partly responsible for Intel and HP coming to Ireland.

Would you have a link for any of that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Morlar wrote: »
    Would you have a link for any of that ?

God no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

bonerm wrote: »
    Not if he means fetlock.

Thank you but no - just trying to give more emphasis to my anger as in

"Whaaaaat the Fc******K !" :eek:

Appreciate your input :D

If this guy is involved in attracting inward investment and dealing with the heads of large multinationals then of course he is going to be taking them tot he likes of Patrick Guilbauds. You hardly expect him to be taking the head of intel to McDonalds and telling him why he should invest in Ireland.

Apparently he is a pianist and former head of the Royal Irish Academy ...not aware of any inward investment connection.

Inward to his wallet perhaps.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Thank you but no - just trying to give more emphasis to my anger as in

"Whaaaaat the Fc******K !" :eek:

Appreciate your input :D

FC Bangc*ck? What does a football team have to do with anything now?

To quote Podge O'Leprosy "They did in their Hole !"

chin_grin wrote: »
    FC Bangc*ck? What does a football team have to do with anything now?

Quit pulling my thread off topic....ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

http://www.ria.ie/

he spent €8,500 in his local offie on wine...

http://www.ria.ie/

he spent €8,500 in his local offie on wine...

Yes Ash - as reported in the Indo - funded by John Q Taxpayer.

Why are we not asking questions...and demanding answers.....are there any controls anywhere ?

Presume these RIAM dudes are the the usual arty types who love spending money as ling as it's somebody elses.

Any other Directors with their snouts buried in the trough I wonder...could be worth investigating this poster would opine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Save your anger Fulton, most of these types have their snouts so deeply buried in the ever depleting trough of J Q Taxpayer that it's no funny anymore.

Listen ,for example , to the whinging of the boys and gals of the Senate now that they begin to realise that their cosy and well sinecured 'employment' is nearing an end.

Listen for all kinds of 'academics' Fulton, extolling on all radio and TV program mes the great work done in the Senate, as they see it as a nice cosy way to drift into oblivion with the arse pocket or purse well packed with taxpayers money.

Listen for the bleeding heart brigade who extoll the virtues of living off the state and and the sad disadvantage of those who spend their waking hours swilling lager in the pubs and watching 63" HD ready sets at home.

Ignore them Fulton, tell them to go fcuk themselves,that you, the long suffering taxpayer can no longer afford to pay for their lifestyle and maybe it's time to start earning a few coppers for themselves.

That's the way to do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Listen for the bleeding heart brigade who extoll the virtues of living off the state and and the sad disadvantage of those who spend their waking hours swilling lager in the pubs and watching 63" HD ready sets at home.

That's the way to do it

Mine's full HD

Quiet you wrote: »
    Mine's full HD

Good man ...great contribution to the debate !

You are clearly a man of considerable learning and erudition...partial to the odd bit of herb and a few pints this poster would opine.......but anyways good man ...keep her goin...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

wrong academy.
    this is the royal irish academy of music, who make sure that youngsters are learning their scales and arpeggios properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Good man ...great contribution to the debate !

You are clearly a man of considerable learning and erudition...partial to the odd bit of herb and a few pints this poster would opine.......but anyways good man ...keep her goin...

Congrats on your 1000th post. You must be happy, here, have a glass of John Q Taxpayer wine.

Congrats on your 1000th post. You must be happy, here, have a glass of John Q Taxpayer wine.

Eh ?

Havin a drop of JC'S best to be honest....Underagga....Chilean wine from Chile...the star buy in the "wall of value" this week.

Paid for with hard earned dosh pal...if you wern't such a friendly chap I would tell you to stick your JQ Taxpayer wine up your hole !

But I won't ....cheers pal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Eh ?

Havin a drop of JC'S best to be honest....Underagga....Chilean wine from Chile...the star buy in the "wall of value" this week.

Paid for with hard earned dosh pal...if you wern't such a friendly chap I would tell you to stick your JQ Taxpayer wine up your hole !

But I won't ....cheers pal :D

Thats very insulting to the taxpayer.

Thats very insulting to the taxpayer.

Not meant to be pal,,,,they say soaking the bulb in a nice glass of Riojha can be a great flavour enhancer.

Just trying to be helpfull...

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Happens for the same reason bertie got away with loads, the public allows it.

Advertisement