Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Birthday Will

Options
  • 04-01-2011 10:33am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know you're alive technically, but the heroin has made you lose yourself. I just wanted to say Happy 27th Birthday baby brother. I miss you so much. I remember your 7th, in your Mickey Mouse slippers you got for Christmas and the annoying walking and barking dog we gave you and your bold gap toothed smile and you sticking your tongue through the hole where your front tooth used to be.

I hope some day that you will choose to come back to live amongst the living, until then you'll be in my heart and when I look at my son I can see you too, he would love you so much. As much as I do.

Take care baby brother.

Xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Thats beautiful Das Kitty. I hope your son gets his uncle back soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Yes, that's lovely Das Kitty. I have a nephew who is on methadone at the moment - I remember his birth and the celebrations that followed...I remember his communion, his confirmation, when the family got together to celebrate these occasions.

Today, he is hardly recognisable. My brother is distraught at how things have turned out, but has himself turned to drink to deal with it. His wife, who is lovely, doesn't cope with it very well either, so she has a glass of wine most nights..I don't envy you DasKitty, because as it's my nephew, I have been able to have some detachment. I get why you posted this in bereavement though. Take care of yourself xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I normally never come in here. Afraid it'll upset me of course which this post did. I really hope some day you get him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

Sorry to hear of your brothers addiction Das Kitty. I hope one day he can achieve a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

that's a really touching post.Remember there's alway hope,it's something I hold onto;until the day you die you've chance to make things different,I'm not in the situation myself so ignore me if you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement