Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partial Solar Eclipse today, 4th Jan.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Bit early for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

I's the 4th of January already, good lord

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I saw a total eclipse, of the sky. You and your partial eclipses. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

There was a full eclipse of the moon this morning when I pulled me kaks up :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Did ye get any pics?

Fog in my location and cloud. According to Stellarium the even has just ended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

you can't actually look at the sun in an eclipse can you? unless you want to commit visual suicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

dr ro wrote: »
    you can't actually look at the sun in an eclipse can you? unless you want to commit visual suicide.

There are a few tricks, a dark filter like a welders screen. Projection from a telescope where the instrument looks at the sun but the viewer looks at the image projection on a card behind the eyepiece.

The sun in this event would be low and possibly still shrouded somewhat with haze, fog cloud ~ but yes essentially you can't look at the sun directly.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Had a great view here myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Had a great view here myself

:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

:confused:

There was cloud. Can't see anything from the naked eye. I'm disappointed, as usual :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement