Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 Rifle Wanted For Learning (Has to be Cheap)

Options
  • 04-01-2011 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Pictures Needed !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

Mikey923 wrote: »
    Pictures Needed !

learning what - bench rest, prone, 3-position, hunting, gallery rifle? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

Here you go .22 rifle image

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

A few more specifics would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mikey923

Sorry for the confusion. Was just looking for an Airgun or .22 to use it for plinking and to just learn about gun care.

Look through this for sale section as I see there are a couple of 22lr and an air gun for sale.

• Advertisement

Had a look through and there's not much still there :/

I'd be interested but I'm in the Republic and I'd need it delivered or atleast close to cork. :( thanks though

well if you dont want to import it yourself, your local dealer will generally do it for you for a small charge - usually £25-ish. They are generally happy to do so if its not something they already have for sale, along with the fact you will more than likely be buying your ammo from them anyway.

I know I do it for our local lads in the clubs!

I'll try that :) thanks I'll ask tomorrow and see what the story is.

• Advertisement

He said he was a bit too busy for it at the moment. :( and also that id be better off with a .22 air rifle for what I needed the rifle for and that itd also be cheaper. Thanks anyway though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tyhealy

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

He said he was a bit too busy for it at the moment.

I'd take my business elsewhere to be honest - Find a helpful RFD and give them your business, if that's the local lads attitude. First time I've heard of an RFD being too busy these days! It sounds more like an excuse and really should be read as "i couldn't be arzed".

As for it being cheaper, yes it may be cheaper to run ammo-wise, but with .22lr set-ups being sold for this sort of price here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056118575, you should be able to get a .22lr set-up fairly cheaply these days. And AFAIK a .22 AirRifle isn't a cheap option to purchase if you want a good one.

Also, didn't i read somewhere that .22 Air Rifle were "restricted"? Or am I imagining things? (Perhaps sparks or one of the other air rifle afficiando's could clarify?)

22 rifle bought :D thanks

Mikey923 wrote: »
    22 rifle bought :D thanks

Well done Mikey, happy days ahead. Aim small and hit hard.
    It's now the that the hard part starts where you have to wait for the license to come through.
    Just get the application form filled in correctly and all the correct box,s ticked off then it won't come back to you months later.

Thanks :) I handed it into the Garda and they said waiting for the license will be the hardest part but they'll store it no problem until it arrives :) hopefully shouldn't be too long..

Advertisement