Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grades - corresponding percentages?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

100-80%= A 4.0
    70-80 = B+ 3.5
    60-70 = B 3.0
    55-60 = B- 2.75
    50-55 = C+ 2.5
    40-50 = C 2.0
    35-40 = D 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

****e! I have a "D" in one subject from CAs. Does that mean I'm failing it, and have to make up a "C+" in this exam today, just to average pass (ie a "C")??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

A "D" can be compensated by a grade from another module....

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

macrubicon wrote: »
    A "D" can be compensated by a grade from another module....

I think come tomorrow, i will be relying on this system :eek:

lol ye me too! I have 2 As, 2 Bs, a C and a D from the CAs. I thought I was OK with that C but now that I've found out thats ~40%, and the C is ~35%, I'll defo be relying on compensation from my A's!

• Advertisement

Actually, while we're on the subject, what overall average is needed for a 1:1 or a 2:1 ?

As far as i know,
    1:1 => 3.25
    2:1 => 3.15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭conno3001

Does the system take your entire 4 years into account, or just the last when deciding on your marking for your degree?

Just the last year grade determines your award

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

davey101 wrote: »
    Just the last year grade determines your award

Did not know this. Whats the incentive to work hard to get an A as opposed to just doing the bare minimum to pass? Seems a little strange!

In that case im putting my books away, done enough study for today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

cactus10 wrote: »
    Did not know this. Whats the incentive to work hard to get an A as opposed to just doing the bare minimum to pass? Seems a little strange!

In that case im putting my books away, done enough study for today :D

Your performance in previous years will be taken into account if you are borderline to a swap in grade. i.e. if you are a fraction under for a 2:1 or a 1:1 in your last year but over in years 1-3 you may be bumped up etc.

Oh - that and progression from Level 7 to Level 8 etc. is not guarenteed for all - it's on a merit system if there are too many applicants etc.

macrubicon wrote: »
    Your performance in previous years will be taken into account if you are borderline to a swap in grade. i.e. if you are a fraction under for a 2:1 or a 1:1 in your last year but over in years 1-3 you may be bumped up etc.

Hmm wouldnt count on that, i had a 1:1 in HC then a 2:1 in Ord deg and out by 0.4% of a 1:1. If that was the case why did i not get bumped up?
    Anyway its good practice to aim high as dont expect it to all come together at the end.. it most likely wont if you have not put the work in previously.

Advertisement