Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fsa handlebars width

Options
  • 03-01-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Always used 440mm plt pro handlebars,I found them great but they are a little too wide.So I bought a fsa wing pro some time ago they were suppose to be 420mm wide.Tried them and found them to be very small,so 440mm must be the right size right.

Today I measured them to my surprise they are smaller,the ends are 420mm but where the hoods go is 400mm that's 40mm smaller then my shimano bars!

This is completely dishonest by fsa,and it makes me feel more then a little angry.Now I will at some stage have to get a handle bar that's 420mm at the top to feel completely comfortable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭horizon26

templer27 wrote: »
    Always used 440mm plt pro handlebars,I found them great but they are a little too wide.So I bought a fsa wing pro some time ago they were suppose to be 420mm wide.Tried them and found them to be very small,so 440mm must be the right size right.

Today I measured them to my surprise they are smaller,the ends are 420mm but where the hoods go is 400mm that's 40mm smaller then my shimano bars!

This is completely dishonest by fsa,and it makes me feel more then a little angry.Now I will at some stage have to get a handle bar that's 420mm at the top to feel completely comfortable.
    I use a fsa wing pro 44 and like them a lot.They are wider at the bottom and are not 44 along the top.They fit me perfectly if I bought the 42s they would be to small.I was lucky that I got the bigger size,they fit but it was a lucky purchase.

Maybe you should bite the bullit,because a comfortable handle bar is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 vision267

Sell both handlebars,use the money to get the ones you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

It depends on the bars some are centre to centre others from the outside i found this out the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

It's not really dishonest - bars are customarily measured at the ends and yours are, as claimed, 42cm. That particular bar flares slightly to the drops so the hoods are narrower ("sweep"), but that's not unusual for compact bars. 3T compact bars do the same only more so (ergosum or ergonova, I can't remember which one off the top of my head), as do my controltech bars to a lesser extent. This isn't a secret, it's one of the design features of these bars. It sounds like you just didn't research the product before getting the credit-card out. I've done the same, but I didn't blame the manufacturer.

If you really do want to get peeved, weigh them. FSA have almost certainly fibbed about that.

Bars are tricky. Really think about what you want in terms of drop, reach, bend and wrist angle. It can be a trial and error process, but researching these things before buying will make it less expensive.

Link
    Link

Advertisement