Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experienced Lead/Bass Player available in Cork

Options
  • 03-01-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

32, based in Cork City. Just out of my own band after 7 years of playing weddings, and prior to that 4 years of various Rock bands touring Ireland playing.

My main instrument is Lead Guitar, playing since I'm 16 - I've decent kit, an Ibanez Jem, rack mounted GT-Pro setup that I can pretty much recreate any amp/sound with, and a 4x12 cab underneath. I've my own transport, and can sing if needed.

I've also recently bought a 6 string bass, and an amp, and am getting up to speed with that quickly. Shouldn't take me too much longer to make the transition.

My problem is repetoire, I've been 7 years playing mostly wedding music and am a bit out of touch with new stuff, but that's easily sorted with a few rehearsals. I'm also a Violin player, and have an electric violin if that's ever needed, and know my way around a desk/lighting/repairing cables, etc.

Ideally looking for something that's already up and running as it'd be nice to make a few quid, failing that, something that's being put together with good gig prospects at the end. Been in a few setups where we've rehearsed to death, and had no gigs at the end, and as we all know that's frustrating as feck. Music wise, would love something funky and rocky - Jamiroquai, Foo Fighters, Muse, all that sort of stuff, but I'm willing to play in wedding bands too. Only thing I absolutely refuse to play is boy band music, or Irish C&W.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deafethos

i am getting something together presently , hopefully for this season !!! looking for bass/electric viola but i reckon bass / violin would seal it . i play a gibson SG standard but i also enjoy playing fretless so it would be possible to share guitar duties . have a studio at home and a studio in cork city for rehearsal , music is 3 piece instrumental , mainly , bit of singing , style of medieval flavouered rock with a bit of arabic and celtic style thrown in , though i write a lot of material .... skies the limit ...no weddings ......commercially possibilities but art is the source of happiness . i don,t do covers unless they are radical versions as good or improving on the original .....phone <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Please note that per the charter, phone numbers aren't allowed. Use this site's PM facility instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eversun

sounds intersting , i play . write , am versatile and understand music . looking to start a 3-piece , place in city for development etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Cheers for the interest Eversun, I'm auditioning with a band on Monday night, if that goes well, I'll be closing the thread, but if it doesn't I'll still be open to new ideas!

Advertisement