Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilli Club Naas

Options
  • 03-01-2011 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

I remember reading something about this place here and it was not a very good review so it put me off trying for ages. We went in yesterday and all I can do is ask that people give it a try. We decided to try angus joes after reading decent reviews here, but were dissapointed by the lack of athmosphere when we went in, so after waiting 5 mins for someone to seat us, we left and I'm so glad we did.

Yes it's not as sharply decorated as indie across the road or swapna, but the food was some of the best I remember having. The guy serving us was attentive but not too forward and the music playing in the background was great!

I was so delighted to find unusual starters I have not seen elsewhere, aloo bonda was AMAZING! My main (chana masala) was great, my husband was also delighted with his pasanda. The dessert was brilliant. They have 2 traditional indian desserts on the menu, the indian honey cakes were delicious, very unusual with cardamon seeds scattered on the icecream and a saffron syurp.

All in all for 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 glasses of wine, one dessert, one mineral, one coffee was €50, which I think is reasonable. It was very quiet for a sunday afternoon and a lovely little hide away place to eat. Highly recommended. I cn't wait to go back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 beryl1

chili club is one of the best restaurants in naas! i went a few weeks ago on a sunday evening and there was only 3 other tables, the choice of food is different from other places which is good for a change. two of us went and we ordered one dessert with our meal but they gave us another one complementary. Also waiter was very friendly without being too "in your face". I would definitely recommend people try it. It offers something different.
    I agree with Whispered, the honey cakes are delicious and have never seen them anywhere before. Will go again soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Just back from another meal in chilli club. The place was empty and we were there at 9pm on a saturday. I can't believe how quiet the place is considering the quality of food and the prices.

They are very happy to prepare a dish that was not on the menu for me, the waiter as usual was a perfect mix of attentive without being ott. A few free drinks and absolutely lovely food as usual. We've become regulars since my last post about it, takeaways and eating in. We love our indians and at this stage would not go anywhere else in the area.

Honestly, if you haven't eaten here before, give it a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 savy2011

must give it a go ive seen it just never got a chance to go in yet, as for the bad reports i havent heard any reports good or bad. theres a lot of restaurant in Naas now. but people love to move around and get bored of the same place. best of luck to them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I love the chilli club. Chimichangas anyone?

The Chilli Club and Las Rada are my favourite places to eat at the minute in Naas.

Advertisement