Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God Bless Costa Ricans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

:rolleyes:

Yeah illegal shark fin trading is badass dude.
    We should douse this guy with 3 young children in petrol and murder him because he's trying to stop a disgusting practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

kfallon wrote: »

You calling me a wanker? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I wouldn't be tough in that situation either.

Feck that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

So we are on the side of criminal shark poachers now, are we. Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

So we are on the side of criminal shark poachers now, are we. Fair enough.

Yip - anyone but Ramsay!!!!

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    You calling me a wanker? :mad:

Would I dare!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

talk about a ramsays kitchen nightmare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The Hell's Kitchen star was shooting scenes for Big Fish Fight when he confronted gangsters in Costa Rica who had slaughtered thousands of sharks to sell their sought-after fins.

But Ramsay was left terrified when the gang kept their guns trained on him and his TV crew before throwing fuel over him. He was later advised by local police to flee the country for his own safety.

The chef tells the Daily Mail, "It's a multibillion-dollar industry, completely unregulated. We traced some of the biggest culprits to Costa Rica. These gangs operate from places like forts, with barbed-wire and gun towers.

"At one, I managed to shake off the people keeping us away, ran up some stairs to a rooftop and looked down to see thousands of fins, drying on rooftops for as far as the eye could see. When I got back downstairs, they tipped a barrel of petrol over me.
    "Back at the wharf, there were people pointing rifles at us to stop us filming. A van pulled up and these seedy characters made us stand against a wall. The police came and advised us to leave the country. They said, 'If you set one foot in there, they'll shoot you.'"

You see kids, the easiest way to recieve your thanksfix for the day is to quote the link for the mobiles'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

He annoys me on TV but why would I think it's great that some b*stards doused him in petrol because he was trying to do something decent?

I'm confused. Did I miss a New Year's Resolution that said we were all going to be absolute c*nts on boards from now on or something?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    He annoys me on TV but why would I think it's great that some b*stards doused him in petrol because he was trying to do something decent?

I'm confused. Did I miss a New Year's Resolution that said we were all going to be absolute c*nts on boards from now on or something?

Maybe it's Karma for him doing the dirt on his wife or from sacking his father-in-law despite the fact he had financially backed him from the start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Costa Rica would be the last central American country i'd have expected that to happen in. The other countries around them slag them for being pussies with their pura vida crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Maybe it's Karma for him doing the dirt on his wife or from sacking his father-in-law despite the fact he had financially backed him from the start!

Karma doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I think that New Year's Resolution only pertains to AH and was made some years ago.
    I seriously doubt the OP was endorsing illegal shark-fin trading; just alerting us to a story about an abrasive twat finding himself in a hairy situation.
    Judging by the first page of comments here, it would seem AH's New Year's Resolution this year was to try out a humour bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Ramsey is a bit of a clown but I wouldn't wish him set on fire. Raped? Yes. Set on fire, no. That's too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Serves the bellowing cnut right. Can't stand him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Say what you really feel, CT :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Ramsey Flambe, what wine would go with that?

My hero! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭amacca

Ramsey is a bit of a clown but I wouldn't wish him set on fire. Raped? Yes. Set on fire, no. That's too far.

You want him raped...hmmm

You'd have to hate the person that would commit the act more than Ramsay himself surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yip - anyone but Ramsay!!!!

I now understand the mentality of Irish people who supported the Nazis (hmmm, did someone mention Godwin's Law?) during WWII.

We despise the Brits or Ramsay, so we'll take the side of any scum that come along to give them grief. The fact that what they're doing is right can be coonveniently forgotten.

Excuse me, while I go off and help some rapists beat up Simon Cowell, so they can continue their activities unhindered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

You would **** your pants just like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Finning is a horrible trade. I can't support the Costa Ricans on this.

They catch the shark, cut off its dorsal fin, WHILE ITS STILL ALIVE and then drop the shark back in the ocean. Without its fin, it can't swim and it just sinks to the bottom of the ocean where it dies a slow death!

Its inhumane and due to modern fishing methods, they're quickly wiping out all the sharks from the sea just for some stupid soup that some stupid rich people like to pay for!!

Even though Ramsay can come off as a wanker at times, he was still trying to do something good here.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    You would **** your pants just like the rest of us.

I don't spend my time on tv shouting at little boys and girls giving it "The Big I Am", do I?

Plus I wouldn't have the inflated opinion of myself to go near these people in the first place!

I know my place, some don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭amacca

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Excuse me, while I go off and help some rapists beat up Simon Cowell, so they can continue their activities unhindered.

Consider yourself excused ..That Simon Cowell is worse than Hitler.

Even his waistband is higher than the fuhrers ever was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Scotland seem to bring out the best in Costa Rica! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Karma doesn't exist.

Or Does It ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Now that's a superb idea.

We despise the Brits

Do you? Cos I don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

bonerm wrote: »
    Scotland seem to bring out the best in Costa Rica!

But we're not talking about the best; we're talking about the very worst (small hyperbole alert) that Costa Rica has to offer.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Ramsay was sitting beside me in the restaurant the other day. He was having shark fin soup. For the main course he had a shark fin sandwich. seasoned with fresh kitten paws and a dollap of dolphin eye sauce. He seemed to be pissed and was talking very loudly - someone asked him to leave, there was no petrol produced though.

Advertisement