Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulated shutters and replacement skylights

Options
  • 03-01-2011 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

I have double glazing all around the house but the amount of heat escaping through the glass is substantial. We also have a bespoke skylight which has just cracked in the cold weather. All are covered with Sanderson blinds including conservatory and skylight (in double height space).

The house does not lend itself to curtains from a design perspective. Does anyone have experience of using insulated shutters either internally or externally and if so could you make a reccomendation. Am in Naas.

There seems to be a lot of providers of internal shutters out there but none with an emphasis on insulation, just decorative. I really need something to help cut down the fuel bills and to help keep the house warm.

On the other subject I was wondering does anyone know of a supplier of skylights. The original builder (house 10 yrs old) built it himself with double glazing panels and did all the flashing himself. I dont think this is very good from an insulation viewpoint and this room is full of draughts. I suppose I am looking for someone who supplies these as triple glazed and can set them in correctly sealed. The type of blinds/shutters on same would also be important. Again any advice/reccomendations would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Advertisement