Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these new uniforms??

Options
  • 03-01-2011 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all just browsing the indo and seen this picture.

are these new uniforms? havent seen the yellow block before

Firebomb_I_782313t.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭ivabiggon

RSU... look a bit closer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ah so they are, ive never seen RSU uniforms in person hence the bewilderment.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mr cowen

they look a fit sharp bunch! :D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Speaking of new uniforms, Im assuming there are no plans to change the operational uniform in the near future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Two Gardai standing outside a building with a Tazer and both wearing Pistols Leg holsters and you wonder is the Yellow block new??? Only messing

I liked the jackets but I think that picture does not show them in the best light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

mr cowen wrote: »
    they look a fit sharp bunch! :D:D

You could find that a cool sound head will matter a lot more than being something of a cross between a whippet and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the line of work of those boys. Not denying that a decent level of basic fitness will not be of use to you by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭belacqua_

The Sillitoe Tartan is an interesting feature of the RSU's uniform, is this the first time it has been used on AGS uniform? I have a vague recollection of seeing a Sillitoe band running either side of the luminous stripe on an old Mondeo in the mid-to-late 90s (kitted out in a very experimental full battenburg livery) which was in use with the LM traffic division at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

the photo makes them look very casual. not a bad image i guess once they can do the job.

is it not a bit unusual to see them wearing that vest though? aren't they ment to be completely separate from the regular uniform?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Random wrote: »
    the photo makes them look very casual. not a bad image i guess once they can do the job.

is it not a bit unusual to see them wearing that vest though? aren't they ment to be completely separate from the regular uniform?

It is seperate. It says Garda Armed Support Unit on them.

I don't see anything wrong with the photo. Not your stereotypical SWAT I'll kick your ass el americano style.....but I guarantee you they would still kick your ass.....or shoot it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

It is seperate. It says Garda Armed Support Unit on them.

I don't see anything wrong with the photo. Not your stereotypical SWAT I'll kick your ass el americano style.....but I guarantee you they would still kick your ass.....or shoot it:D

You have it in one there, it's still the sort of lad the average civilian would say hello to but has the kit and the training to step it up a right few notches if the need arises.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

anyone feel they look british with the yellow block pattern?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

No not even slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

WilcoOut wrote: »
    They took the soup......and samwidges.

WilcoOut wrote: »

Yeah, I thought that aswell, actually.

On another note,

Why is it that the Navy in the vests is appsolutely deplorable at keeping its colour in comparison to say a UK Metro vest in black.

I dont think ive come across one yet that looks actually navy. It washes out something terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

listermint wrote: »
    On another note,

Why is it that the Navy in the vests is appsolutely deplorable at keeping its colour in comparison to say a UK Metro vest in black.

I dont think ive come across one yet that looks actually navy. It washes out something terrible.

I think they brought out new vest covers recently that are supposed to resist fading.

k_mac wrote: »
    I think they brought out new vest covers recently that are supposed to resist fading.

I hope so, its a deplorable state.

The gear makes the officers look unprofessional (no fault of their own), needs attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Not a fan of the blocks. Its at odds with the rest of the uniform.

Advertisement