Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Focus Frames

Options
  • 03-01-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone knows if it's possible to buy Focus frames instead a complete bike?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

Hi,

A mate of mine recently smashed the head tube of his Cayo in a crash and has tried to replace the frame and fork but no one has been able to source a frame only from Focus for him. From what he's been saying I don't think its possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭D20903

Road or MTB?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭sgriffin

yes. but only certain frames !

what frame had you in mind ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭omri

I was looking to replace mine to newer model. I have Cayo from 2009 or 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭C3PO

'68 wrote:
    Hi,

A mate of mine recently smashed the head tube of his Cayo in a crash and has tried to replace the frame and fork but no one has been able to source a frame only from Focus for him. From what he's been saying I don't think its possible.

I'd be very surprised if Focus don't supply replacement frames for crash damaged ones whatever about selling "frame only"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

RPL1 wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if Focus don't supply replacement frames for crash damaged ones whatever about selling "frame only"?

I'd have to talk to him again but Wiggle couldn't help him and Eurocycles began by saying they could get him a frame from Focus, then they said they'd get him one from Felt, then the price started to go up and up untill the frame and rebuild was going to cost more than the original bike. I don't think he's been on to Focus themselves yet.

Th Cayo frame cannot be bought separate, the izalco model can be. Where was the cayo bought ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭omri

where can you buy izalco ?

nearly sure eurocycles can order them

Advertisement