Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook 13" White Battery

Options
  • 03-01-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 13" Mac around 2-3 years old and the battery casing has warped. This is really annoying the the laptop is on a table as it pushes up the clicker.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Yes this happened to me before,

It was out of warranty so I went to Mactivate and got a refurbed one for ,I think 70 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I was thinking I could tell him and send them a picture of it and they'd give me a new one for free even though i'm out of warranty. This is not really acceptable. A new battery costs 130euro:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I was thinking I could tell him and send them a picture of it and they'd give me a new one for free even though i'm out of warranty. This is not really acceptable. A new battery costs 130euro:eek:

Why on earth would you reckon you'd get a new battery after 2+ years?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

When batteries go like this isn't there a good chance they're faulty and could explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

When batteries go like this isn't there a good chance they're faulty and could explode.

Its still out of warranty!!

That'd be like me buying a car, keeping it for three years... Bursting a tyre and returning to the seller expecting a new tyre because the burst one is faulty and could cause me to crash! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Maybe yeah/no but you won't get a replacement unless Apple either have a call back on your models battery or if your laptop is covered under warranty or Applecare. Otherwise you can call them up but you won't get anything but earache from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

on our white macbook the battery doesn't charge at all now !

My wife dropped it and the hd had to be replaced, i am wondering was something else damaged as well to stop the battery from charging.

When we got it back from being fixed the battery lasted about 90 min, but within a month it wasn't charging at all !!

on our white macbook the battery doesn't charge at all now !

My wife dropped it and the hd had to be replaced, i am wondering was something else damaged as well to stop the battery from charging.

When we got it back from being fixed the battery lasted about 90 min, but within a month it wasn't charging at all !!

Download a wee app called Coconut Battery; it will give you battery life info on the MB. I assume that the charger works; what does the icon for battery life show?

I can't see why a drop and new HD would cause a drastic loss unless a contact for the battery is loose or broken but if the new HD runs at a faster speed drive it will eat into the battery life.

Charger is fine as i use it on my other macbook, the icon is just an X through the battery and if you take out the charger it just goes dead.

I read somewhere that there could be damage to the ac circuits on the MB.

Everything is "NA" when we checked coconut battery.......not looking good:D

• Advertisement

Charger is fine as i use it on my other macbook, the icon is just an X through the battery and if you take out the charger it just goes dead.

I read somewhere that there could be damage to the ac circuits on the MB.

Seeing as you have a second Macbook, have you tried swapping the batteries over?

My other one is a Macbook aluminum so different battery !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

I have a 13" Mac around 2-3 years old and the battery casing has warped.

That suggests a faulty battery with a danger of catching fire. You should contact Apple immediately.

I don't know consumer law in Ireland but in the UK electronic equipment has an anticipated life of 6 years. If equipment fails sooner, the supplier (not the manufacturer) is expected to repair or replace the faulty part or equipment and make an allowance for remaining anticipated life.

The "six years" does not come under any specific legislation but it is what the courts will usually base their judgement upon - provided that you haven't "abused" the equipment (for example: placing it on a carpet or soft furnishing, causing it to overheat).

Advertisement