Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird/Boutique/Odd hotels in London?

Options
  • 03-01-2011 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm travelling to London in February - this is a bit of a treat for myself so I'm looking to stay somewhere different. I've been checking TripAdvisor etc, and I did eye up Claridges, The Dorchester etc, but then I came to my senses (I'm splashing out, not going insane).

Anyway, if anyone has any recommendations for any different hotels - themed rooms, balconies (I'm a smoker), etc, I'd really appreciate it. I know it sounds pretty vague but if anything comes to mind, please let me know :)

Thanks,

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I think the type of place you're looking for and is what I have a look for in other cities (e.g. Ace Hotel in Portland or Hostel Celica in Ljubljana). However I don't know too many in London (when you live in a city in can be difficult to know the hotels) but I have found the following:
    40 Winks
    Rough Luxe
    Boundary Rooms
    Also Firmdale apparently have som funky hotels in London.

I would point out I have no direct experience of these places and don't know how much they cost etc but just ask trip advisor et al. and you'll get some reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Thanks! I'll get looking straight away, cheers.

Advertisement