Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conditions at Sally Gap?

Options
  • 02-01-2011 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hoping to head up to Sally Gap tomorrow. Anyone able to update on the conditions there ATM?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Check the Winter thread for answers, I asked earlier! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

I was up there today, roads are grand, bit of snow in the ditches, a bit of water on the road that may freeze overnight, lots of buses and hire cars doing strange things, walkers everywhere doing the mobile obstacle course thing!

The main problem is frozen face / ear lobes when you get up a bit of speed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

fenris wrote: »
    I was up there today, roads are grand, bit of snow in the ditches, a bit of water on the road that may freeze overnight, lots of buses and hire cars doing strange things, walkers everywhere doing the mobile obstacle course thing!

The main problem is frozen face / ear lobes when you get up a bit of speed!

Thanks folks maybe a debut for the ebay fleece lined balaclava so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭X files

Watch out for some potholes never mind the walkers. Very cold yesterday on decent and to hot on way up from laragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭billaustin

I was up there yesterday, it's really cold but ti was dry and seemed fine. There's a little ice and snow here and there, plenty of cars and sightseers but all in all it's ok. make sure to wrap up though. I had SIDI overshoes on, the ones made from Windtex, SIDI shoes and Assos winter socks and my feet were freezing, I had a bit of a job warming them up when I got back to Naas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Went up this morning. Roads OK and quiet for walkers but yeah very VERY cold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

You know it's cold when you have to check in a mirror to see if your chin, ears lobes and nose are still attached but have a sneaking certainty that there will be at least one toe from each foot left behind in your shoe!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Very cold and windy today, with a few light showers thrown in for good luck. Had planned on taking an extended lunch break and going up the military road, but bailed and cut across from cruagh woods to johnnie foxes instead. Even then had sore toes on my return, and that was only 1h30 out. Have to seriously re-think my winter footwear strategy.

Advertisement