Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zoom R16

Options
  • 02-01-2011 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

Hiya everybody.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Zoom R16? http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/r16/ I was looking into getting one. All the reviews I've seen seem to be positive. I was looking at it on Thomann for €333. It will be for recording myself. I play lots of instruments so I think a 16 track would be better than an 8. Is there any other 16 tracks around the same price that are better or would they be pretty much the same?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

I got one, its works fine. It feels a bit light and flimsy though. If youre using a computer all the time with it a dedicated interface would be probably be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Thanks Eoin. Does this work well as an interface? Also can you plug in a standard guitar lead straight from a pedal board or would I have to record the amp with a mic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Its grand as an interface. It takes guitar straight in but Id really recommend micing up an amp unless youve got some amp modelling kit like a Line 6 pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Thanks again Eoin. Cool, I don't have a pod, I do have the line 6 M13. Micing up the amp is not a problem for me anyways so thats good. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement