Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin edge 500 or the 800

Options
  • 01-01-2011 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

not sure i am thinking about buying a garmin edge but cant make my mind up to go for the 500 or 800 is the 800 worth the extra money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

The only real advantage of the 800 is mapping and navigation. Do you need that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

I've been asking the same question for a while now and decided yesterday to just go with the sensible option and order a 500!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 madaboutbikes

yea i think the 500 is the simpler option a friend of mine has the 800 i might give him a bell a get him to give me a demo

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

yea the 500 is a more sensible choice IMO if you just check out ur route b4 u leave. However ive gotten lost more than a few times on rides and can see where the 800 would have been handy. But its not an extra 250 quid handy.

From my limited use of my 500 id say its a good buy and can see its use paying off already

Advertisement